Bills 2012 garden diary

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Bills 2012 garden diary

Post by MissEllie »

Merry christmas and thanks for a really interesting thread from me too Billy. >tree< I'm a complete numpty in the garden but I've enjoyed popping in and out of your thread to see how its done by someone with some knowhow.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

MissEllie wrote:Merry christmas and thanks for a really interesting thread from me too Billy. >tree< I'm a complete numpty in the garden but I've enjoyed popping in and out of your thread to see how its done by someone with some knowhow.

Thank you for that Miss Ellie {hug&kiss} Dont know about the knowhow ,i read alot and between you and me )w( i have alot of luck.
Have a lovely christmas and new year ,see you in 2013 )c(
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Still finding carrots in the polly tunnel,the result of to much manure.

Because i moved the polly tunnel had to refill the raised beds in there also added some well rotted manure hence the funny shaped carrots ,still taste good though.

Parsnips are the same ,but moving them from pots into garden may upset the root system as had one or two like it ,but once again taste fine.

Just a reminder ,if you have a cold greenhouse and a cold frame or greenhouse border you can sow a few lettuce seeds (not to many)in pots to set in a grow bag in the cold frame or greenhouse border once big enough to handle.
Going to do mine newyears day will be my start to the growing season.

Will see you all in 2013 good luck and good health for the newyear 2013

perchy

Post by perchy »

Oh Bill I have loved your diary and I am just a little envy}} I am determined this year is going to be a good one, such a loss last season, but onwards and upwards, I am even more jealous you are talking about sowing already, must get my thinking cap on

)app( Well done
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Thank you Perchy,realy think we had the best of the weather such as it was in east anglia this summer,realy hopeing for better things for everyone in 2013.I put lettuce seeds in christmas day in pots in a cold greenhouse 2012,it gave me a few early lettuces ,transfered into a grow bag in the cold frame ,was another experiment that worked )c( .Had the flu over christmas so hopeing to get out in the garden tomorrow and set a few more seeds ,fingers crossed. )t'
Hopeing you and all the forum folk have a wonderfull new year )hic( >dum<

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Happy new year to you and yours billy, hope you're feeling better now {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

MissEllie wrote:Happy new year to you and yours billy, hope you're feeling better now {hug}

Yes i am thank you MissEllie )t' Had the phumonia (think thats how you spell it :oops: ) jab couple of weeks ago and think it may have been to do with it.

My youngest grandson his girlfreind and her familly arrived in Edinburgh today ,believe are staying in a travell lodge for a few days to get the hogmany spirit,hope you and your family have a wonderfull new year {hug&kiss}

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Thanks billy, the weathers cold but dry up here tonight so hopefully your grandson and co can enjoy the celebrations without getting soaked. Looks like the street party is going to be really good this year (although personally I'll be happy staying in at my friends with a large Glayva )t' )
Woody Allen
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Cant beat a Glayva a nice liquer whisky ,well have a nice one {hug}

perchy

Post by perchy »

billnorfolk wrote:Cant beat a Glayva a nice liquer whisky ,well have a nice one {hug}

and you )t'