Jack's 3 lovely girls.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
jackian
Legendary Laner

Jack's 3 lovely girls.

Post by jackian »

Well the New year has started well with lovely sunshine and blue skys,the first time for what seems like ages that girls have had the sun on their feathers.
Let me introduce you..
Clover a lovely black Miss Pepperpot we have had her now 20 months and she is the boss of the three and a lady ,my Oh reckons she should be called duchess and have a string of pearls. She tut tuts when the other 2 are getting into trouble,only joining in when she thinks the coast is clear. She is the one that makes sure Rosie goes to bed on time .
Poppy We have had her 20 months and she is a ginger nut .Always in trouble fluffy knickers in the air causing mayhem iin the herb garden that was and getting the otyhers to join her . She has just been moulting and feeling sorry for herself and just got her nerw feathers and looks lovelier than ever ....She is a talker and chats a way all the time trying to tell me the gossip.
Rosie Last but not least she is the baby and we have had her 12 months another ginger who is always on the outside looking in ,always the first in bed at night and very greedy and always eating . She lost her friend Eva just a month after joining the other 2 andsettled like a duck to water (or is that chicken to coup)..She is the nosy one always wants to know what goes on and where Poppy is in trouble she is not far behind.
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Re: Jack's 3 lovely girls.

Post by aishakali »

If someone had told me 18 months ago that chickens all have different personalities I would have thought they were mad, but they have, as everyone on here can vouch for, amazing little birds! :-D
LYN
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

Love your descriptions of your girls :-D

Clover sounds just like my eldest daughter {rofwl} {rofwl}
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

great descriptions of these little girls it feels like an insight to their little lives ,love it )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Thought I would add a couple of photos to describe my girls.

Clover with out the pearls.

Poppy trying to update on the gossip reading the Telegraph

Rosie copying Poppy..after Poppy had had all the bugs.
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

January 3rd
Today is the 3rd day of my retirement and 3 days with out any rain.. )app( Is that an omen do you reckon? Oh what a relief my patio and pathway is drying out and the girls have been running around since early morning.If I had been at work they would be in the Walk-in-Run till 2pm.I don't know who is happier about that me or them.Like most of us I hate having them shut in even though they have lots of space.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

They certainly do have lots of space, love them both trying to dusbathe. Isn't it great when you can spend more time with girlies when work dosent get in the way )t' I love the fact that every hen is different in their personalities
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

January 4th This morning the sun is out again and it is dry..So while my OH is struggling to decorate the bedroom before he goes back to work on Monday I am keeping out of the way.
The girls are having another day roaming around our handkerchief sized garden and i can see them as I type this just drinking water from a dirty grotty puddle when they have two bowls of clean water .
So the plan this afternoon is to have a good clean out of the run while it is dry..Coups cleaned and scrubbed properly,runs raked and sanatized and the patio clear of poo etc., and swabbed down. Well that is the plan and you know what happens to plans .
Little Rosie is sat by the patio door with her eyes closed and is not her usual sparkly self ,Perhaps she fancied a lie in and didn't get it.very unusual for her ,so once again I am on worry watch >fi<
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Seems there are a few with chix that are 'not quite right', my Sal being one. Hope Rosie is just having an off day >fi<
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Wonderful pictures of your lovely girls Jack )t' {hug}

I do hope that little Rosie and Sal too will be okay {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

Lovely pics of your girls )t' , mine make me laugh when they all do the copying thing - especially when they have just seen the one before has finished all the worms in sight, and yet they still try in the same place {rofwl}
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

jackiann i love the bum in the bucket photo ,bless her no bugs left for her {cry}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Lovely pics of your girls jackieann; I am envy}} that you are retired and able to spend more time with the chooks.....years away for me )gr:
Julie x
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Lovely pics and stories of your little beauties Jackiann :-D enjoy your retirement {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Jackian how is little Rosie today?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/