Aishakalis Chix

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Aishakalis Chix

Post by aishakali »

Been getting 3/4 eggs a day from my 4 little ex's. Today there was 1 egg and a softee. Heidi lays later in the day so may be another one to come. Heidi was the most nervous when she came home in October, (she kept hiding under the old coop, that's how she got her name) now she is the cheekiest and boldest. They are all out in the garden enjoying the sun for a while. Limpy Sal always seems to find the sunniest spot. Nearly 9 months and she's still limping, reckon its permanent now but she seems happy enough.
LYN

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Aishakalis Chix

Post by MissEllie »

Sounds like a few softies at the moment :? Glad to hear Limpy Sal is still doing well, I bet she's loving her new life {hug} aren't ex batts just the best little chooks :-D
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

Well done on getting 3/4 eggs from 4 girls regularly )t' We have one, Carol, who has never laid, in fact I was always worried about her from day one she was such a funny shape and had a little sneezey noise but somehow without me even noticing her moulting she has turned into a stunning dark coppery coloured girl, even with her floppy comb, but she still does her sneezy thing whenever she gets excited about treats {rofwl}
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

Good girls laying that many eggs, I had four batty girls originally and only one carried on laying, I didn't mind though because I didn't get them for the eggs really, I now have two batty girls and one of them has just started laying again after going through a major moult, she looks like a proper chicken now though with fluffy knickers as well :-D
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Sods law that having said Sal was fine yesterday, she worried me a bit by staying in the coop for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. Checked them all at 7.45 this morning and she was out with the others seeming ok. I can't put my finger on it but she doesn't seem 100%. Maybe a softie brewing, one was laid yesterday but don't know who by. Will keep an eye on her. A few more grey hairs for me. The others are cheeky as ever. Little fluffy bum Heidi lays ENORMOUS eggs, usually every other day (not surprised, ouch!). They all jump onto the bench or my lap when I've got something nice but I miss Boots (lost her 2 weeks ago) so much. She would jump on my lap just because she wanted to and not just for treats. Bit grey here but they are all out digging pot holes in the garden. I love to watch them from the window, they are soooo busy :-D
LYN
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

After having 3/4 eggs a day for ages we are now down to 1. Think maybe they have realised its Winter and are due a rest. Sal still seems a little quiet though she is eating and drinking and her comb is nice and red. She asked to come into the kitchen today, so I sneaked her in while the others weren't looking and we had some one on one time and a few grapes {hug} Can't wait for the better weather, if we have some eventually, I love to see them enjoying the sun.
LYN
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

A few pics of the Walk-in-Run and chix

Rose has fluffy bloomers at last!
Sweetie and Heidi having a natter
Limpy Sal
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

You have got my blue paddling pool! They are great arent they? Straw in mine at the mo. Love the bench in your run what a great idea though since I lost Alice & Abbie I no longer have any lap sitters, really miss that. Sal looks the spit of my Abbie and Deirdre who says hens cant have expressive faces.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

No lap sitters for me either since I lost Boots {cry} I miss it too.
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw I'm sorry to remind you {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Love your set up Aishkali, your girls have a great space to explore
Julie x
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

What a lovely sheltered run, what lucky ladies you have
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Lovely pictures Lyn, it sounds like Boots was a very special lady {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

She was special Ellie, she was sort of 'wise' if you know what I mean and not a bit of nastiness in her {hug}.

Just the 1 egg today and another softie. Typical me saying 3/4 eggs a day and straight after, down to 1 :? Think they all deserve a rest now anyway. The run has stayed pretty dry, just a bit wet at the front so well pleased with that :-D Lifted some slabs earlier for them to find the worms and bugs. Sweetie's like a whirlwind, grab the worm, no matter if on the ground or in someones beak, and RUN!! For bottom hen she doesn't half take some chances >dowhat<
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Awwww I love your set up Lyn, wonderful pictures of your girls and their lovely home here {hug} Especially like the one of Sweetie and Heidi having a little natter there :-D

Hope Sal is feeling better today {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.