Cycle Turbo Trainers.

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Cycle Turbo Trainers.

Post by jannie »

I had one for Christmas and last night Hubby set my bike up on it. ..I think it will be great to build up my fitness over the next couple of months, especially after my accident. I also had a DVD with virtual cycle rides so I won't get bored. :-D

I had a go last night and managed all of 30 seconds!!!! {rofwl} ..Anyone else use one?
saint-spoon

Re: Cycle Turbo Trainers.

Post by saint-spoon »

)piicy( so that we all know what they look like... I think I know what you mean but... actually I am not sure
Bah Humbug
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Just for you SS )t' ..Much better than an exercise bike I think, as you use your own bike so you get the same feel .. you can adjust the resistance so, if your in front of the video and it show an incline, you can make it harder to peddle )t'

sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

What a brilliant idea, I could set one up in the poly tunnel where no-one can see me. )t'
Of to oogle them.
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

I like the look of that - and since we moved I haven't been on my bike. I walk to most places and that means taking the dogs. Alternatively, I'm going back into Brid and cannot cycle 4 miles there and 4 miles back - the road undulates too much.

I shall goggle them as well.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

I've got mine set up in the garage , great for keeping the old wheels turning , but I have to admit the view is not great.

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Mr P uses his all the time and sorry to say it is set up in the front room yike* he travels miles on it {rofwl} he use to watch the dvd too, {rofwl} I thought it was a bit odd, now he puts sky on and watches what he likes, he only uses it when the weather is rubbish and he can't get out on one of his four bikes }hairout{
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

never used one but I know folk who do and they say that they are great, a mate used to have one set up onthe ship to keep his legs in training when we were away.
Bah Humbug
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

I'm improving already .. up to 45 seconds now. )c(

I've come up with an idea perchy .. you know me!! {rofwl} .. I'm going to mount a video camera on the dashboard of the car when I'm on holidays ..so then I can cycle all the places I've visited in the summer again through the winter .. might have to slow them down a bit :oops: .....I think it's called recycling {rofwl}
perchy

Post by perchy »

{rofwl} {rofwl}
Take one of the pub with the

chips )grin2(
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

perchy wrote:Mr P uses his all the time and sorry to say it is set up in the front room

{warn} {warn} You need to put your foot down about that Perchy (preferably on his neck)
perchy

Post by perchy »

Mrs B wrote:
perchy wrote:Mr P uses his all the time and sorry to say it is set up in the front room

{warn} {warn} You need to put your foot down about that Perchy (preferably on his neck)

)t'
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

perchy wrote:Take one of the pub with the

chips )grin2(

)grin2( ..I could slot in a meet up every 20 miles or so as an incentive to keep going .. I'd be doing the Jogle before I knew it. :-D
perchy

Post by perchy »

jannie wrote:
perchy wrote:Take one of the pub with the

chips )grin2(

)grin2( ..I could slot in a meet up every 20 miles or so as an incentive to keep going .. I'd be doing the Jogle before I knew it. :-D

{hug&kiss}