Jack's 3 lovely girls.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
jackian
Legendary Laner

Re: Jack's 3 lovely girls.

Post by jackian »

January 5th The day started as they say "Mizzerly ,there was fog and very fine rain ,but not enough to worry about .The girls have two coups and Rosie and Poppy sleep in one and for some unknown reason Clover decided a couple of weeks ago to sleep in the spare one ..Who knows how they think ! Did Rosie or Poppy snore ? Was there a lingering smell she did not like ?
After Rosie had a very quiet day yesterday and did not seem up to much I opened the coup with Rosie and Poppy in and only Poppy trotted out ,I nearly had a fit not wanting to open the nest box where they sleep to see what had happened...She wasn't there! So I went to the one with Clover in and out trotted Rosie she had had a sleep over ,Full of the joys of spring and on top form followed by Clover. {rofwl} Now what on earth made her go in there with Clover for the first time ,perhaps she wanted some chickeny TLC.
Phew what a relief .The rest of the day was fine with them all making the most of the dry weather as the day turned out not bad again even if there was not a lot of sun .
So all is happy in our household again .Ian my OH is decorating the bedroom and said that when he took the curtains down and scraping the window frames Rosie and Poppy were having a good old nose and stretching their necks as far as they could .Clover didn't give a damn!
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

How did you get them to pose like that )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

That's where they sit every afternoon every afternooon when it is dry when they have had their treat ( a bit like going for an afternoon kip after Xmas lunch ) It is just outside my patio doors ,the box is falling apart but I don't want to move it as you know how they like familier things.Always in that order and Rosie was only allowed on there a few months ago ..until then she was at the back ,the first day they budged up and let her beside them I )app(
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

That's so sweet! I love that photo :-D glad Rosie enjoyed her sleepover
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

What a great pic )t' My lot either run when they see the camera so I get blurred pics or they try and eat the lens so I get pics of one eye and a beak {rofwl}
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Love the pic :-D Don't think I have ever seen mine stay still apart from when they are preening :?
LYN
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

January 6th
Yesterday I wrote about Clover always sleeping in the old coup on her own except for yesterday when Rosie joined her..This morning she was in the new coup with Rosie and poppy was booted out to board and lodgeing in the old coup :? What is going on ? There has not been a change of address for at least 3 months.
It has been dull here today and sort of foggy so not much sun bathing.Our friend John brought some brussel plants from his allotment for them ..I had to fight them off .As I wrote on a post the other day they loved his last time ,stripped them bare but when I brought from a super market I had to chuck them they turned their beaks up and not a peck...Just watching clover and she has the knack! some of the brussels have cabbage like leaves and she puts her foot on the stalk so it stays there until she has got bored.The other two take nips at it and it jumps over the place and they have to chase it..So what does the supermarket spray on theirs? John was chuffed to bits when I told him his were prefered.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Glad Rosie is better and love the pic of them having thier afternoon siesta {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

love the pic and the sprout story they do love familiar items dont they if i move something or add something new they ignore it for days and if i take an old log away and add a new one in the run they all squash on the old one and nobody wants to be first to use the new one it makes me laugh when one hen does something and then they all follow suit and do the same thing {rofwl}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

great pic )t'
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

They may have decided they wanted a night on their own, perhaps there is some snoring going on? {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Love your piccies and descriptions of your chicks - enjoy your retirement - lovely to be ablle to spend more time in the garden with the chickens - feel like I hardly see them at this time of year.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

Love your descriptions of your girls and what they get up to, they sound like right little madams, I would love to know what goes on in their heads sometimes :-D
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

January 7th I know I have been retired since the start of Christmas but this is my first real day as Ian has just gone back to work today so I did a little skip and hurrah as he went out the door )t' Don't get me wrong we have been together for nearly 38 years and we love each other to bits still but we both like our own space...
He has spent the last week since coming back from holiday decorating the main bedroom and we had a lot of ripping out of bits and pieces to do and although he is no DIY man he is doing a great job ...But he has to have a skivvy to clear up after him .I have spent the morning trying to make some sort of order out of chaos!Dust and rubble every where.Cleaner blocked taking an hour out of my day to find the blockage before I could even start }hairout{

So now it starts ,so as i am typing this I am watching the girls dust bath in their Walk-in-Run all 3 of them together with little Rosie always on the end next to Poppy and just a bit to one side seeing as she is bottom of the flock .Why are they down on the ground when they have a box full of nice soil to dustbath in? The door to their Walk-in-Run is open and since I am home they can come and go in the rest of the upper part of the garden as they please ,but they spend quite a lot of time in the run of their own choice .If I was to shut the doors Poppy would start shouting at me in disgust.

This is Rosie having a good preen.
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

I am envy}} although having a late start today. I hope you have the most wonderful day {hug}
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx