Ellie's lovely ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Ellie's lovely ladies

Post by MissEllie »

My four girls are having a great start to the new year, the sun is shining and they're all bathing )c( )c(
2 eggs today so far, we're averaging 3 a day from them which is great. Dorcas and Daisy, my lovely ex batts came to us a year ago next week, they're unrecognisable from the oven ready wee girls who arrived in a cardboard box, now they're fully feathered and full of beans. {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen

Mrs B

Re: Ellie's lovely ladies

Post by Mrs B »

Hurrah to your girls, my garden still to wet for dustbathing.
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

Mine too have had a nice bit of dustbathing in the sun today )t' , it's lovely to see their pure enjoyment rolling in the dry sandy dirt...about the only dry bit in the garden under some trees, love the way they sprint to be first through the gap and down into the sand {rofwl}
Congratulations on Dorcas and Daisy nearly one year anniversary )c( )app(
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

Awww glad your girls got out for a bath today,we had some sun but my garden is soaking and squelchy so there is now dustbathing going on out there ,I put a box with some play sand in the run so they could use that for now :-D
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Miss Ellie what a fantastic year Dorcas and Daisy have had upto their first year bless them {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Thanks ladies, I'm so pleased theyve been able to enjoy this past year of freedom. Dorcas especially was in a real state when they arrived its so heartening to see them now.
I was working all day today so only saw them to say a quick hello this morning {cry} I can't wait for the spring/summer where I can sit out with them and spend some proper time with them all.
Will post some pictures of my girls and their run when I get a chance (and once it's cleaned out!!)
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Can't wait to see some pics :-D
LYN
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

Looking forward to your pics )t'
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

can't wait to see pics )t'
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

This is a picture of Mark 2 chook run, Mark 1 was a small coop/run ordered from fleabay which was obviously too small for the original 2 girls (Pea a bluebell & Ham a blacktail) we got in Oct 2011. OH built this run onto the original run (seen on the left) himself from scratch and it was a huge improvement but still wasn't perfect. We added our other 2 girls in Jan 2012 (Dorcas & Daisy, the lovely ex batts) and it soon became apparent we needed more space, a proper roof and a higher run as this one was only 3.5 ft high.
We're now on Mark 3 which is great, I'll take photos later if it's dry and tell you more about it then )t'
Woody Allen
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

looks very sturdy and sheltered - can't wait to see mk 3. Bit worried about Chicken Law though which states that 'flock size increases to fill available space'!

Nice to see you have a football to keep them occupied :D
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

Lovely coop and run, mine is also covered by a tarp otherwise my girls would be floating :-D looking forward to seeing MK3
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I love their bedroom, sturdy warm and safe )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/