Pallet Question

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Re: Pallet Question

Post by Mallard »

Don Roberto wrote:Hi Richard, a while back I was a member of a fly fishing club, and all our fishing platforms were over deep water (10 ft+). In autumn and winter the wood got very green and slippery, we were very lucky that nobody actually fell into the water, but we did have an elderly member fall on the platform. Our chairman at the time used to be an allotment owner and had access to chicken wire (cheap diamond pattern stuff) he covered all of the platforms with it and we never had any problems after that, even in frosty weather. Hope this helps. Cheerio me deario....... )wav(

Of course, why didn't I think of that! >dowhat<
Old George, a retired joiner on our plots, has explained to me at great length, why permanent structures shouldn't be made from pallets. The timber is the same as is grown in the Scandinavian countries, but it's grown in countries like Spain much faster. Check out the annular rings, they're much further apart, making it very inferior. From the look of some of my stuff, it might last about four years with plenty of preservatives! :?
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
Jodyjean
Learner Laner

Re: Pallet Question

Post by Jodyjean »

Have just been browsing on ebay and came across an advert for a log store. Now at the moment I store logs in two large old water troughs so was interested in advert. This log store consisted of four pallets ( 1 floor, 2 sides and a back) along with a roof. It is sold in pieces and you assemble it yourself. All for £195.00 !!!!!! Well have got pallets and corrugated sheets so will cost only our time and will be good storage for bales of shavings and garden equipment all sorts of uses