Doctor's Orders

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Sara

Re: Doctor's Orders

Post by Sara »

Good luck AL , keep positive about all the little changes and everything will come together {hug} {hug} {hug}
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Although it may have come as a bit of a shock to you, thank goodness it has been spotted early {hug}. I am sure that once you have got into the routine of your exercise bike and buying different foods, you will find it all very manageable and very rewarding.

By the way - I don't know if you have pepssi max in the US, but I like it much more than the normal diet one.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

I had the same warning about 10 years ago (aged 55) and became very wary about sugar, etc. Watching my weight is the main thing that I do. It keeps me borderline but never over the line. Those sugar free chocs, by the way, don't help with weight watching in my opinion because they seem very high in calories.

My first reaction (just a warning here) was to go for all the products using aspartame instead of sugar. In particular the sugar free mints with a hole. I found out the hard way that they are laxative.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Never touch aspartamine, heard lots of bad things. Also it affects my TN.
Therefore I never have any of the fizzy drinks diet or not.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Americanlady wrote:Thanks all for the advice. I was just about to ask for some. MRs. Boodles, what are the signs you watch for? Two of my old friends had some bad experiences with their diabetes; one went blind, and the other had to have his foot amputated. I do know how horribly serious the disease can be. Reckon I need to do some research about it. Thanks so much for the support you have offered. It really means a lot.

My OH was diagnosed diabetic about 15 years ago. He had a boil in the middle of his forehead that wouldn't heal. He also kept having his crowned teeth keep dropping out. Plus the usual weeing a lot. Be very careful though with any sweets that are sugar free as they do give you the trots. I know him now when his sugars are high as he gets very short tempered.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Best of luck with all the changes you're making. I'm glad you've had some warning & have the chance to sort things out )t'
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Thanks everyone. I have read your posts with all seriousness and will return to read them often to keep myself organized. By the way, p.penn, I had my very first Pepsi Max today. Not bad at all. Since my doctor talked with me, I haven't consumed ANY sugar. I know carbs turn to sugar, but haven't eaten or drank anything made with sugar. I want to join your dieting posts as I'm sure there is a world of info and support there.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh AmLady, so glad your doctor has highlighted things for you and you're taking action. Wishing you the very best of luck with everything {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Thanks so much, Benny&co.