Caroline's Crazy Chicks!

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
cpac123
Learner Laner

Caroline's Crazy Chicks!

Post by cpac123 »

So, here is the story so far, I have been longing for chickens for a good few years now, and last year I decided to go for it. I had to find the money to get them so I did a sale and raised the money for a small coop and run, then had another sale and raised the money for the chickens. After quite a lot of research we decided upon pekin bantams and in November I drove from Sussex up to a village in Leicestershire to pick them up. We have 8, Popcorn, Ginger, Florrie, Pato, Feathers, Betsy, Minnie and Dolly.

They are so adoreable...Popcorn is the boss, she is a buff bantam and so friendly.
They settled in really well and later on the second day we had them my parents came by to see them, they were a bit late and the hens were hopping into their coop to go to bed so we pushed them back out of the coop and shut the door...they all lined up on the ladder...it was so funny...
..next post will be about how Roxy our cat has adjusted to the newcomers..

aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: Caroline's Crazy Chicks!

Post by aceface »

looking forward to the pics )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Welcome! I have a couple of pekins, they are lovely. Look forward to some pics :-D
Julie x
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Welcome from me . )t'
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Welcome to chickenitus, really looking forward to piccies of your girlies
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
cpac123
Learner Laner

Post by cpac123 »

Hello again, thanks for the Welcome, I will try and post some photos...but today I wanted to talk about how Roxy, our beautiful cat, has adjusted to our fathered friends. When we first got them she was slightly perterbed, but soon would share the garden with them. One day they were all sitting on the garden table, I think they like to air their feet and sit in the sun, anyhow, i heard a lot of clucking commotion and so I went outside to find Roxy sitting under the table so that they couldn't get down. She was just enjoying the power. It was so funny. A few weeks later she ended up chasing one of them round the garden (very funny but not for the chicken), I stopped it very quickly and Roxy got a reprimand.

Well that must have been in November and Roxy has given them a wide berth and not really been in the garden. 2 days ago, just at the time when all the chickens had jumped in the coop for bed, she wanted to go out, so I opened the door for her, she went stealthily round the side of the garden, did a wee in the corner and crept back round, but as I looked out of my window all the chickens had jumped out of bed and stood in aggressive positions all round the garden, poor Roxy was terrified and ended up running back into the house....it was the funniest thing. {rofwl} A chicken run has been ordered so they will no longer have the run of the garden, we are in and out and I would be so devasted if a fox came by....after thinking its actually kinder to keep them penned in..happy days >mmm< >mmm< >mmm<
cpac123
Learner Laner

Post by cpac123 »

can anyone tell me how I upload photos?
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

Hi )wav( & welcome from me & my lot

Just tried to copy the link from another post, but I am a bit >dum< and it didn't work so go to the chicken keeping pages and have a look at the posts there, quite a few about posting pics )t' , the one shown below has a link on. The only thing i know really is you have to use something like Picasa or Photbucket to upload them. Looking forward to seeing the pics >fi<

Re: posting photos

Postby MissEllie » 06 Jan 2013, 09:25
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Caroline if I told you I would confuse the hell out of you. Go to the testing thread and look under photobucket, it is an easy option. You can look under my thread where P Penn tells me how to do it or if that dosent help go to Ask Al all of these are under members area. Roxy has found her match, many years ago my ranger Alice jumped on nextdoors cat and terrified him
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/