Ethel, Betty & Mildred

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Meggy2105
Learner Laner

Ethel, Betty & Mildred

Post by Meggy2105 »

Hi All,

I am new to this site and new to chicken keeping. I have spent most of December preparing the garden for the arrival of Ethel, Betty and Mildred my ex-bat girls. I have finally ordered my coop and I am waiting for that to arrive.

My girls are due to be rescued sometime between the end of Feb and the middle of March... I am super excited.

I have spent months reading and gardening so I am hoping that I am as prepared as I could be!

I will keep you updated on my adventure with the girls and post some pics once my coop has arrived :) >ch<

morbidia
Lively Laner

Re: Ethel, Betty & Mildred

Post by morbidia »

Hi,welcome to the friendliest poultry site there is I think, it sounds like you well prepared,don't worry about asking for advice everyone here is really knowledgeable so someone will be able to answer any questions you might have. Are your girls going to be free ranging, if so make sure you protect any plants that you want to keep because thwy will eat them faster than you can think, I have Exbatts and despite the fact that my lovely garden now looks like a farmyard and I have waved my lawn goodbye I wouldn't be without them and wish I had got them earlier, good luck :-D
cpac123
Learner Laner

Post by cpac123 »

We are new to chicken keeping too, we got 8 bantams in Nov, only 2 are laying and I wonder if the lady who I bought them from lied to me but in the spring I will see if they will hatch chicks...worth a try...hope you enjoy your chooks. lv caroline.xx >ch<
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Hello and welcome to the Lane and shortly to the crazy world of hen keeping . I love that already you have names for the 3 lucky ladies you are rehoming ( we were just the same) >ch< >ch< >ch<
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

)wav( hi and welcome looking forward to hearing all about the hens and of course the pics )app(
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

)wav( welcome from me too, there's a wealth of info on here for new chicken keepers. Looking forward to hearing more about your girls
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Meggy )wav( My goodness me you have caught chickenitus even before you have chickens! Whichever ladies are going to inherit those lovely names are going to be very lucky girls
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Welcome Meggy, this site has been invaluable to me since i got my chooks and everyone is so friendly. Look forward to reading about your chickeny adventure!
Julie x