1st hospital appointment out the way.

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

1st hospital appointment out the way.

Post by albertajune »

I've just come home after a hospital appointment. Since before Christmas I have had a bit of a tender tummy, so was referred to hospital. I am due for a colonoscopy next year, because of previous rectal cancer, so have to have that done sooner. Also as the consultant found a tender spot in my stomach, he thinks I should have a CT scan. He said not to worry, which I am not, but best to get things checked out.
Next week I have an appointment to the ENT clinic to have my sinus looked at. I've had a problem in that area since last March and am a bit fed up with the stuffiness, funny heads and now eyes playing up.
What has really got to me is the performance I had trying to have a blood test. I was given the test form and then walked the many corridors to the blood test area. Got my waiting number and came my turn. The lady said, "Sorry I can't do this as he hasn't said what the blood test is for". She advised me to go to a nearby office where someone could phone through and find out. The lady there had to wait to use the shared line, wait to get onto the switchboard and then wait for the consultants secretary. I was then told that I would have to go back to the original clinic. Back down the corridors, got the instructions filled in, then traipsed back again, after losing my original place. }hairout{
I am on the forum just to relax me. It's a good job that I have got you lot to calm me down.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
wendy

Re: 1st hospital appointment out the way.

Post by wendy »

}hairout{ Giving blood at a hospital is completely fraught !
Sorry to hear of your problems, best get it all sorted out. )t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

How frustrating! At least you know you're getting everything sorted out now. Put your feet up and start on the liver damage )hic( Cheers!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Sorry to hear that June. {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Hope all ok {hug} {hug}
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

June, I am sorry to hear you are in some discomfort but glad that you can say you aren't worried, probably because you are sane enough to get medical help sooner rather than later. How silly that it seems you were the one responsible for finding the right information re your blood test I wouldn't have thought it should be down to the patient. Still your home now , comfy and de stressing {hug}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh June, what a palarvour you had yesterday! Why the doc/consultant didn't write on the form which tests he required I don't know! {warn}

Sending you lots of gentle {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Glad your getting things sorted June. I,ve an appointment this coming tue for a colonoscopy which I,m not looking forward to, knowing my luck the camara will be one of those massive rusty ex Russian military jobbies from the 70,s and performed by a bearded female nurse called Svetlana who,s ex KGB :-D :-D
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

HappyBob wrote:Glad your getting things sorted June. I,ve an appointment this coming tue for a colonoscopy which I,m not looking forward to, knowing my luck the camara will be one of those massive rusty ex Russian military jobbies from the 70,s and performed by a bearded female nurse called Svetlana who,s ex KGB :-D :-D

I hope all will be well with you on Tue. I don't know if you have had one done before, but except to be undignified, not much to worry about. I have one every 5yrs which I think is great, to know that they are keeping an eye on me.
As for your camera and Svetlana, just ask for a bit more sedation, then you just won't care and you certainly won't care what she is looking at. A pretty young thing and you might feel different.{rofwl} {rofwl}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

HappyBob wrote:Glad your getting things sorted June. I,ve an appointment this coming tue for a colonoscopy which I,m not looking forward to, knowing my luck the camara will be one of those massive rusty ex Russian military jobbies from the 70,s and performed by a bearded female nurse called Svetlana who,s ex KGB :-D :-D

{rofwl} {rofwl}

Hope all goes well for you on Tuesday Bob {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

albertajune wrote:

As for your camera and Svetlana, just ask for a bit more sedation, then you just won't care and you certainly won't care what she is looking at. A pretty young thing and you might feel different.

{rofwl} {rofwl} oh June, how anyone can look pretty in the uniforms we have to wear I don't know! {rofwl}
Bev x

HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Benny&Co wrote:

Thanks Bev and June, I was thinking of writing "please go gentle, its my first time" on one of my butt cheeks but the Mrs told me not to be so stupid and grow up for once :-D :-D
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Hope everything goes OK on Tuesday. Joking apart if you've not had it before its over and done with in about 15 mins. Personally I would ask for sedation. Then you can't remember anything. You might suffer with wind after which can be uncomfortable but other than that you'll be OK.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

HappyBob wrote:
Benny&Co wrote:
HappyBob wrote:Glad your getting things sorted June. I,ve an appointment this coming tue for a colonoscopy which I,m not looking forward to, knowing my luck the camara will be one of those massive rusty ex Russian military jobbies from the 70,s and performed by a bearded female nurse called Svetlana who,s ex KGB

Thanks Bev and June, I was thinking of writing "please go gentle, its my first time" on one of my butt cheeks but the Mrs told me not to be so stupid and grow up for once :-D :-D

Oh Bob, you did make me giggle then! {rofwl}
Bev x

HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

A quick update, is that i had the colonoscopy procedure today, and all was fine, and had a good giggle with the nurses. They want to do a second procedure which involves a varium enema whatever that is just to rule out anything else. I attended the hospital around 3pm today but there was a three hour wait as one of the doctors hadnt turned in and they were giving people the option of a wait or to rebook, as I only live 5 mins walk away I asked them if I could come back at 6.30pm which they agreed. I was in and out within 45 mins. The procedure was painless but the trapped wind after was quite uncomfortable, I had planned to go for a few pints in the pub next door, but went stright home instead.. :-D :-D alls good so I,m happy.