Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: Aceface and The Stinkbombs !

Post by aceface »

the snow has gone and the girls are much happier ,full clean out of the coop today with 8 little helpers ,of course everyone wanted to lay their egg in the coup i was cleaning out !! both sets of pigeons are happily sitting their pairs of eggs but have a new abode )c( we have resited the pigeon loft and converted an old rabbit hutch to house our ever growing family of fancy pigeons . i now have a new higher fence since the fox came visiting and we have removed most of the lilac hedge {cry} to improve visibility in the garden and it will grow thicker at the bottom and give the hens some shade when we build a new bigger Walk-in-Run attached to the enclosed Walk-in-Run ,work will commence on the hen run when the pigeon loft is complete ,of course me and the girls have to wait paitiently for our des res to be erected >shrug< huge bonfire in the burning bin and spread the ashes on the rockery which of course was respread by the little feathered helpers ,much to golf husbands disgust when they emerged 10 mins later legs all covered in ash and soil and the rockery had undergone a litlle bit of redesigning ie the ash was allover the lawn {rofwl} no pics today but will think of something to photograph tomoz as it is moms birthday and no doubt we will be eating cake >ck<
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Absolutely wonderful pictures of your lovely ladies and what a handsome boy Frankie is too :-D love the one of him marching back to his coop.

Aww and your little pigeons, love the one of the lady one in her chocolate tin {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace when you say mom do you mean their mom? If so Happy Birthday >ck<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

its my mom sandy and their nanan :oops: shes a ripe old 77 today shes had a great day out for lunch to the chinese restaurant )t'
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Happy Birthday girlie's nanan >ck<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Belated Birthday wishes to Aces Mom >mmm< Hope you saved the girls (and boy) some cake )t(
LYN
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Maybe they got chinese noodles -mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

she had a lovely day and got a lovely chicken charm for her bracelet from the girls and i must admit i made a chicken cake and they had a little bit of the sponge that was cut off when shaping it but it was moshed up in their porridge :oops: and it was only a little scerick and no Annie there were no noodles left at all we were stuffed to the brim and lovely it was too and thank you for the birthday wishes )t'

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

well we were ankle deep in snow yesterday so my little stinkbombs were less than pleased confined to the coup with beaks poking out of the door hoping it would stop ,it didnt!!out at lunchtime on the cleared pathway and had some sweetcorn and beat a hasty retreat it was freezing.

Poor Frankii had his late full all three of his girls were making a right royal racket of egg laying songs and all three in different places in the coop,he was running round like the proverbial nutcase ,bless him chuntering and trying to keep all three safe ,his little fluffy knickers in a knot trying ti do his best for them,my poor boy got bokked on the head my top girly Isabella and as he spun round to run away was ambushed by Marlene who plucked out his beautiful longest black curly tail feather ,he now has a short black beautiful pecked tail feather {cry} he let out a real sqwauk and as he pulled away Marlene had some of the feather in her beak and looked like she was sporing a rather dapper Poirot type moustache {rofwl} .

Today a lot better snow melted and we were out in the garden doing bits of this and that, Frankii with his shorter tail had a good old crow at 1o,clock and would not shut up o he was cofined to the coup until he shut up but he was warning us that the hawk was above and only doing his job so i felt a bit guilty id shut him away so made up for it by filling him with mealworms,

Had a new arrival today ,unexpected and have wrote about her in members chat {cry} ,

Just added a few photos of us to brighten the post

nothing come between a hen and her sweetcorn {rofwl}

naughty little exbatts taking an opportunity to come in out of the snow

morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

I love reading about your girls and boy, they sound like they all have a whale of a time :-D
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

thank you im such a softy with them they run rings around me and get away with mur.der,but they are very well behaved {hug}

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

Well what a day it is in snowy Sheffield the snow started at 11am and never stopped til 6ish and wow what a heap we have had... the girls were coup bound and Sunny was visiting but we only managed a couple of hours with the girls justa basic clean out and an hour freeranging til the flakes came down.

Sunny has quite a busy week ahead of her and a few invites to parties ,she has had a quick wash and brush up and a spritz of eau de febreze to attend the parties ,well a girl cant go visiting without her perfume now can she and i wouldnt want mrs b to think i was neglecting to clean her )run( .

the twins are growing fast and hudson and mrs bridges are no longer sitting on top of them so i will be showcasing them tommorrow and intros will be made to my lovely laner friends,of course we cant s.ex them yet but as soon as we can names will be put up for tender so if any of you have suitable suggestions please feel free to contribute and maybe there will be a little teeny prize for the chosen names if mad chick wins it will be biccies and if perchy wins it might have been bacardi but in view of her weight loss and determination it will be a packet of lettuce seeds to keep her on the right path ......... )c+

We have helped to find a goose a new home and are currently working on the maran situation and im determined not to give up without a suitable home

the girls are laying well 5 eggs a day and we have sold a few to neighbours and have put it in the hen fund to go towards the new Walk-in-Run.

Alovely laner has given us a new coup for the Walk-in-Run and enclosure and of course it will need new residents )grin2( )w(

of course the moving in date will be the 30th march watch this space..................................

my diary may be a little neglected due to sunnys arrival apologies in advance >dum<

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Oi Ace, can only mods enter the name a baby pigeon competition then ? Well I am going to have a go anyway I think they should be Thomas and Sarah to stick with the theme - thats of course if they are one of each.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

Annie wrote:Oi Ace, can only mods enter the name a baby pigeon competition then ? Well I am going to have a go anyway I think they should be Thomas and Sarah to stick with the theme - thats of course if they are one of each.

i am happy for anyone to join in Annie the more the merrier my motto )wav(

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Competition, I will have a look at that! Ace the photo with the snow coming down is great )t' I am trying to think of a name of someone who takes waifs and orphans in cause it would fit you perfectly {hug}