Terry's nose job

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Terry's nose job

Post by Gwenoakes »

or to put it correctly surgery to remove skin cancer on his nose.

He was diagnosed with skin cancer on his head and nose way back last year. The head was dealt with, with a special cream I had to apply twice a day for three weeks and it has worked. )t'

The nose was dealt with today through surgery as a day case at the hospital. They plonked a piece of something or other, not gauze on and he came out. Surgeon said it would stay on for about two days, but they didnt realise just how greasy his nose gets, so it fell off after two hours!

Have tried putting plasters over pad, but they are slipping off too and this was after gently wiping the sides of his nose to remove any grease. Just wondered if any of you guys had any other suggestions, other than putting a bandage right round his face. LOL

The hole is quite deep about 1/4" by 1/2" round, so not small and not large. Thanks.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Terry's nose job

Post by MissEllie »

Gwen my advice would be phone the ward he was in and let them know it's come off, they'll be best placed to let you know what to do.
Glad it's all sorted, it must be a relief for you both {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Thanks, Miss Ellie. Didnt really want to bother them tonight. Have put yet more plasters over the original dressing and it seems to be staying put at the moment If it doesnt then I will ring them tomorrow.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Have you got any gauze dressing and micropore tape? That would keep it nice and clean for now.

I had skin cancer treatment 4 or 5 years back (although it was different from Terry's) and they popped micropore over the wound.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

I hope you find a solution to your hubbies problem Gwenoakes, I wish you both well )t'
Dont ever grow up, its a trap