Benny-Bev's chooky adventures!

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Benny-Bev's chooky adventures!

Post by Benny&Co »

sandy wrote:Have I said this before? Your Betty is the spit of my wonder woman Betty who feels the need to supervise everything I do! Suede boots in with the girls yike*

Awww you have a Betty Bluebelle too, Sandy {hug}

She is the friendliest little hen I've ever met. I had wondered if it was because I stuck up for her during the introductions when she was getting bullied. But maybe it's a trait of her breed/type?

I have to be careful because she's always next to me and I don't want to stand on her, bless her!

Ah the suede boots are really old ones that I'm using up for chooky duties.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

We've had some sunshine today and the girls have been enjoying dustbathing :-D

Betty's in here, really she is! {rofwl}

Now you see her just about {rofwl}

Then she's dug herself back in the sand
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

Benny&Co wrote:

She is the friendliest little hen I've ever met. I had wondered if it was because I stuck up for her during the introductions when she was getting bullied. But maybe it's a trait of her breed/type?

Must be your loving care cos my Bluebelle isn't the slightest bit friendly. I can only let them free range in the evening so that she goes back in when it gets dark, no way could I catch her. }hairout{
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Ah righty-ho, that's interesting isn't it Saz.

Maybe she has latched onto me. Whenever I go in the run, she's right there, bless her feathery wings :-D {hug}
Bev x

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bev I need glasses >dum< Betty does look dark in the eglu, my Betty is a black rock :oops: I love it when a girl follows you every where, not really had that since my passed on girls. Love the photos, why does your straw always look so pristine envy}}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Funny how some girls are friendlier than others. Betty sounds a little sweetheart Bev :-D
My Boots was very friendly, (though she didn't like being picked up) If I sat in the garden she would come and sit by my feet. In the run she was always on my lap {hug} Sorry, I know I bang on about her but she was lovely and I miss her {hug}
LYN
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Can can my bluebell was friendly too but VERY dim {hug}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

sandy wrote:Bev I need glasses >dum< Betty does look dark in the eglu, my Betty is a black rock :oops: I love it when a girl follows you every where, not really had that since my passed on girls. Love the photos, why does your straw always look so pristine envy}}

{rofwl} {rofwl} Sandy!

Maybe the straw looks better than what it is? It does get a bit wet along the mesh side.
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

aishakali wrote:Funny how some girls are friendlier than others. Betty sounds a little sweetheart Bev :-D
My Boots was very friendly, (though she didn't like being picked up) If I sat in the garden she would come and sit by my feet. In the run she was always on my lap {hug} Sorry, I know I bang on about her but she was lovely and I miss her

Awww don't apologise Lyn, as Perchy once said to me, they certainly wrap their little feathers around your heart {hug}

Yes our Betty is a little sweeti, I'm really quite struck at how friendly she is, bless her :-D
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Annie wrote:Can can my bluebell was friendly too but VERY dim {hug}

Bless her Annie, but having said that I don't think our choookies are the sharpest knives in the drawer!!!! {rofwl}
Bev x

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

You speak for your own chooks Bev {rofwl} {rofwl}
LYN
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

aishakali wrote:You speak for your own chooks Bev {rofwl} {rofwl}

Only sometimes Lyn {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Bev x

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bev did Annie say Can Can is dim {warn} I am going to have to set up a therapy session for these poor maligned girls, so thats Can Can and Mrs B's Delia
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

sandy wrote:Bev did Annie say Can Can is dim {warn} I am going to have to set up a therapy session for these poor maligned girls, so thats Can Can and Mrs B's Delia

{hug} {hug} {hug}
Bev x

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Silly old me didI really say Can Can is dim - no she is a very clever COUCOU MARAN .
:oops: Got the names mixed up it was Cha Cha who was my bluebell - Mrs Dim Drawers but Sandy , sadly you are too late to champion her cause , she has gone on the big sleep {cry}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful