Is it that time of year again?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
stace
Legendary Laner

Is it that time of year again?

Post by stace »

Oh i seem to get like this every year. I am so down at the moment. Done lots of moving furniture last wed heavy stuff. Since last sat i have had aching stomach aching across my shoulders, and constant wind pains at the top of stomach. Not sure if i have a bug at the same time really. I have this stitchy pain under my left boob, like trapped wind, this comes and goes, but i feel horrid at the moment. Every time i eat i get stomach pains for a while. As soon as i go to bed all settles down, and i sleep fine, but as soon as i awaken up it all starts again. Mr Stace says its the time of year, and as you know i am a nervous person and suffer badly with panic attacks at times. I may go to the dr if it doesn't go off. Some one mentioned gall bladder?

Thank you for reading laners {hug}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Is it that time of year again?

Post by MissEllie »

Poor you Bev {hug} sorry I wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to what may be up but if you've got ongoing symptoms it sounds like you should pop along to your GP.
Really hope you're feeling better soon {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

January and February to my mind are the hardest months to get through. Ailments always feel worse because of cold,damp,bleak weather, short days, quite often half empty purses and it feels a long time until there is something to look forward to again. See the Dr , Stace, a short term course of treatment will buck you up hopefully and make things easier .
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Best not to speculate as what it could be. If really feeling poorly or worried do see the doc.
Have you recently been given any new medication? I've been having stomach problems which I won't go into, but I had a feeling about one medication that I've been on and sure enough, stomach problems could be a side effect. I've now left of all meds except for atrial fib. and am feeling so much better.
I hope you feel better soon. The sun has now come out here, so lets hope it reaches you to cheer you up. {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Bev {cry}

How are you feeling today lovely and did you manage to see your doc?

I do think these dark and dank days can make you feel very low, I've been a bit like that too. We had a nice day of cold sunshine and blue sky the other day and it really perked me up.

Sending big {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Hi Bev

I saw the dr on wed, he examined my chest heart felt all my stomach and thinks i have pulled all the muscles. Its not been to bad, but i am still getting a very windy tummy all the time, not sure if i have had that bug as well as the muscle pull. He said to keep taking ibruprofen (sp) as it might take a time to settle. I have had no sickness but my tummy just keeps going into what feels like a spasm (sp)

I have had this a week now Bev {cry}
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Bev, poor you {cry}

Thing is it's difficult to rest your chest muscles as it's not like you can stop yourself breathing.

Hopefully the medication is helping?

I wouldn't have said ibuprofen for a tummy bug or pain, but hey I'm not a doctor )t' and I'm sure it'll help bring down the tissue inflammation with your pulled muscles.

Take good care won't you hey, big {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Well this has all started up again the last week. I bent over and i felt a nasty twinge in my lower back. Since then i have had back pain and pain into my stomach again. It hurts when i move about and walk up the stairs, just a nasty ache all the time whatever i do. Not really sure where it is coming from, i am so fed up with it. I am off to the dr's at 5, as i have had a little cystitis too so just want to make sure its not a kidney infection. It does feel like muscles all over as when i sleep at night it all goes off until i start moving about the next morning.

See you all later x
Bev xx

Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Cranberry juice and lots of water is fantastic for cystitis.

Sorry no help to offer on the other problems.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Best to get it checked Stace to put your mind at rest, hope you feel better soon {hug}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Poor you Bev {hug}

How did you get along at the docs?
Bev x

stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

She examined my stomach thoroughly and said she couldn't feel anything, gave me antibiotics for 5 days.

Bev to be honest i am so anxious all the time, that does not help at all. Pete is poorly at the moment, so he was up and about all night, so that started me off. I done loads of house work yesterday, and this seems to start the tummy hurting again, i had the ache into my back and tummy ache all night. Went to the loo twice, then i start to panic {cry}

Hope to get a sleep later on

Thank you all for your kind reply's {hug}
Bev xx

jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

So sorry to read you're not feeling well Bev. {hug}
Keep nagging the Dr till you are happy. I have similar symptoms and suffer from IBS when I get anxious ..not nice but controllable. Hope they find out what is causing your problems soon so you can get some respite. {hug} {hug}
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Hope things settle down soon Bev, just wanted to send you a {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Thanks everyone

I am going to mention IBS to him when i go back. I was fine all day yesterday after friday night, slept well, and was ok when i got up this morning. Then i felt the pain in my tummy going into my back again at lunch time. It feels full of wind at the moment (sorry ) :oops: If i didnt panic so much about it, i think it would go off, but then it starts my mind wondering and i am back to square one!

Thank you all {hug}
Bev xx