Menopause.. Grrr

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
p.penn

Re: Menopause.. Grrr

Post by p.penn »

I am just never going to get there! Thought I had last month but no......this month all back to normal. )ang

When I say normal.......... {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Gosh that long ago with this thread. Time does fly!

How is everyone doing now ?

I must say i think the menopause has alot to do with how i feel at the moment. Problem is there are so many symptoms, and everyone is different

Hope you all dont mind me reviving it )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Just recently started mine }hairout{

Like I need to feel more crazy {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Mine started 10yrs ago when I was 47 and I'm still getting the hot flushes. Find it hard to sleep too and it was the not sleeping that was my first symptom. I just suddenly went from sleeping well to waking up for no reason. Not had one night where I have slept right through since then :?

I also have this weird thing where I think I'm about to have a panic attack as I start to feel just odd in myself and assume it's my anxiety. The next thing I know I am having a hot flush, so then I realise it's the meno doing it and not the anxiety. Never had HRT as my GP didn't want to give it to me.
Lyn

Post by Mrs B »

Mine stll has not started properly, one month I am normal (for me) and the next all over the place hot flushes the lot.

I am thinking of popping into Quickfit see if they can just whip the lot out and fit me with an air conditioning unit.

Given up with the Doctor so will just see it out, don't really want HRT or anything else as it is only delaying the inevitable.

Losing weigh is the key to make my pause easier but unfortunately I am stressed and when I am stressed I eat, a divorce could be the answer as last time I lost ooodles of weight. )j;
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

Mrs B wrote:Mine stll has not started properly, one month I am normal (for me) and the next all over the place hot flushes the lot.

I am thinking of popping into Quickfit see if they can just whip the lot out and fit me with an air conditioning unit.

Given up with the Doctor so will just see it out, don't really want HRT or anything else as it is only delaying the inevitable.

Losing weigh is the key to make my pause easier but unfortunately I am stressed and when I am stressed I eat, a divorce could be the answer as last time I lost ooodles of weight. )j;

I love the idea of going to Quickfit and having it all whipped out {rofwl}

You know I'm not sure that losing weight is the answer either. I was about 6½st when mine started and I'm only 7st now and as I said earlier I've had the hot flushes for over 10yrs. Like you though I am not keen to take HRT as yes it does just delay it all :?
Lyn
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

You know when i hit 50 all my problems started! I think my symptoms have alot to do with this too, it's a bloody nightmare! My friends all seem to fly through it, they just get on and all seem ok. They dont suffer with panic attacks though, and i think that does make a big difference to it
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I started with the night sweats and flooding 2 or 3 years go, tried the pill which made me incredibly grumpy, tried on 3 occasions to get the coil fitted but the flow was too strong to fit the wretched thing, I had an operation which was something to do with inflating a balloon and taking the womb lining away. My flow is incredibly light now which I found life changing.

Hot flushes is my problem now and I am sure if I lost weight they would improve plus I would feel better in myself.

I too keep forgetting words, I feel like a complete nutter. I do think that much of that is stress related in my case.

I am currently in a blether over the possibility of having to drive a new car as my Pandy is being replaced this year. I think that is just me though not the paws.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

My periods stopped about 4 years ago now. Since then nothing. I do get hot flushes, they seem to last a few weeks, then go for a while. This as it comes over me makes me feel sick.

I have been fine most of last year, then i got all this tummy trouble in Jan, and it just seems to have taken over my life. Its the first thing i think about in the morning, is my tummy better today? Then i start getting the dreaded anxious tummy and it all starts over again {cry}

I just with i could be more positive about things. We are going away in a few weeks, to Budepest (sp) with friends for 3 nights, at this rate i wont be going
Bev xx

Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Going from having the heart of a rather brave lion to depression, anxiety, rising panic, claustrophobia, sleep deprivation, night sweats, palpitations, memory & recall issues, facial hair, weight gain - that kind of thing, you mean? Low dose HRT made enough of a difference to demonstrate what the problem was, and now I feel much more on top of everything just for knowing. Different GPs had different attitudes, so you may have to see more than one to get a sympathetic hearing.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Sending big {hug} to you all.

MrsB {rofwl} you did make me giggle there! I thought you were younger than me and I haven't had any signs of the pause - but then I still take the 'pill'. I'm 42.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.