signs of Spring !

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

signs of Spring !

Post by Annie »

Weds - heavy snow
Thurs - heavy rain
Fri/Sat/Sun - dry and sunshine )c(
As the hens were out pecking and scratching about , I thought I would go for a browse around the 'garden' and was very pleasantly surprised at the signs of Spring - considering the week we have just had.
Sedum
Forsythia
Hydrangea if you look hard
Lilac
and my hellebores - they would look so much better with leaves - now who do I blame for that do you think ? >ch<
Last but not least the good old garden mint that will be taking over by April !
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: signs of Spring !

Post by lancashire lass »

funny you should mention this - when I was walking the dog this morning, it was daylight at 6.30am :-D and I was able to see lots of changes in the park. Some elders were bursting into leaf and I even saw some crocuses! I also noticed blackbirds were having a bit of a territorial squabble too and at work on Friday when I went to change over a gas cylinder, some bird has built a nest in the manifold LOL
Sara

Post by Sara »

Lovely pics Annie {hug}

Ive spent the last couple of days pottering in the garden too, after a few weeks of steady rain, i was also suprised at the signs of spring .... lots of things coming to life again )t'
The best bit, my lovely old grape vine has sprung a new healthy shoot so hopefully along with todays trim it may just come back to life )c(

We even spotted cranes flying over yesterday and today )c(
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Spring is in full force here - my garden is full of crocuses, snowdrops, daffodils, primroses, and leaf-buds a plenty. My favourite time of year (along with autumn, summer, and winter {rofwl} )
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:Spring is in full force here - my garden is full of crocuses, snowdrops, daffodils, primroses, and leaf-buds a plenty. My favourite time of year (along with autumn, summer, and winter {rofwl} )

Show off {rofwl}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

:oops: sorry - one of the advantages of being so far down.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

It was a lovely day here in the North East too. The buds on the hawthorn is just starting to show and the daffs and crocus are well on. Just saw the weather forecast for the week on countryfile though will turn colder as the week goes on. What we don't want is an early spring and then things to turn nasty again. That's the worst prospect.
Michael
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

All my bulb are sprouting but so far only a handful of snow drops and crocus have flowered, loads of buds on the various trees.

The best sign of all that Spring is almost here is that the chickens were sunbathing today )t' >veg5<
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Lovely to see things coming back to life :-D
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

lancashire lass wrote:and at work on Friday when I went to change over a gas cylinder, some bird has built a nest in the manifold LOL

I went to change another cylinder this morning and the nest has got even bigger and interfering with the manifold control. I gently checked there were no eggs inside but there was something soft and squishy inside - an earthworm (maybe a present for a prospective wife?) - but ... I'm afraid I've had to be a home wrecker and remove the nest {cry}

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Lovely pictures there Annie :-D

I'll take one of my little border at the front, I planted my winter pansies and cyclamen's in amongst the snow drops the other week >mmm<
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I love spring! )c( sometimes it feels it's never going to come but then all of a sudden the buds and shoots appear. Our usual walk with the dog is now a sea of snowdrops and cheers me up every day :-D
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

the cox apples have disappeared fromthe fruit shop shelves and I am eagerlty awaiting the arrival of the all to short English asparagus season... and there are some flower things poking through the ground; probably can't eat them though.
Bah Humbug
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

The daffodils are showing themselves in my garden )t'
[center][/center]Davina