Sandy's Pink Ladies

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Sandy's Pink Ladies

Post by sandy »

Not been updating for awhile for 2 reasons, been spending time mingling the 2 new girls and had a painful gum op. Cant eat anything solid for a week {cry} Will update todays photos tomorrow if painkillers keep working so this is yesterdays photos. Put everyone together today, Betty snidey with them, Amanda-Jayne has a little go, Deirdre quite nasty, Iris takes so long to move those legs of hers they have plenty of time to move and top girl Elsie only has a sharp peck if they are eating where she wants to go, although this morning when she was in laying Olive popped up the cube ladder which caused Elsie to scream at the top of her lungs, she went on long and loud and squeaked for the rest of the day. Olive and Beryl run away from any assaults but are soon back to eating so all in all a good day today. Lyn the run is 37ft wide and 30ft long so they can avoid one another quite easily.
Amanda-Jayne(on parrafin yesterday Daktarin today...more in chicken keeping)
Elsie and Deirdre
Beryl being brave
AJ and Elsie and the noseys
Olive and Beryl braving Elsie
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Painkillers have kicked in and photobucket changing soon so todays pictures
Iris and Amanda-Jayne preening..Iris has her new coat and looks very pretty now
Girlies
Amanda-Jayne
Iris
Iris and AJ

The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Crikey what a HUGE run!!! You have enough room for loads more hens, but then again, that means loads more poo :? Love your pics Sandy and your girls look so happy :-D
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Today found a better way to give Amanda-Jayne her Daktarin, put a blob on fingertip and smother in bits of mealworms, sorted )t' Deirdre lays whoppers nearly every week so knew this was coming, two hot water bottles in the run as foxy was about and Dee DOES NOT like being carried. Don't know when/if she did a softie but fine five minutes ago. This is interesting, oh joy sat in with them in the sun for an hour watching their antics and my No 3 Iris is terrified of new girl Olive but No 4 Dee and sickly AJ both frighten Olive?Lyn as so many unafraid foxy boys and girls have big run as cannot free range girls very well and besides they are not like my old girls Alice and Abbie who were like taking dogs for a walk.
Amanda-Jayne,Deirdre,Elsie,Betty & Iris
Deirdre
Deirdre sorting out her bum area after hot water bottle

Foxy just dosent care!
AJ & Iris
Elsie & AJ
Iris,AJ & Elsie
Beryl(yes one new girl actually got photographed!

Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Is that just regular chicken wire on your run Sandy? How have yo managed to stop nasty fox from breaking in?
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Sandy, you and I will both have to get to grips with new photobooket, dont think they will leave the old one on for me just because I keep telling them I am a fogey and don't like change.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Mrs B wrote:Is that just regular chicken wire on your run Sandy? How have yo managed to stop nasty fox from breaking in?

The wire from the middle downwards is doubled, years ago when I acquired oodles of chicken wire no one pointed out it wasn;'t the safest to have }hairout{ I also have tiny square wire between houses when newbies come
Annie 14 DAYS TO GO yike*
Day from hell yesterday, stictches pulling on gums but 2 girls needed a lot of attention yesterday. Olive poorly and Deirdre even more so, both showing signs of egg problems. Both bathed, massaged and dried Olive lost her softie early but bum still stank so more bathing and hairdrying. Deirdre kept going into Olive and Beryl's house to lay, was still there at dusk went ot move her as Olive and Beryl would not want to go in cube and as she stood up white and yolk fell out of her. This morning Olive still stank and Deirdre moping, found a chewy type egg shell in cube. Stressed out decided job lot at vets and luckily chicken vet in so up they both went in seperate boxes. Olive smells cause missed a bit of bad poo stuck high up in feathers :oops: so that will will cut off and Deirdre had a tiny bit of chewy egg shell just inside her vent, got vet to show me how to remove it. Knew Dee would have egg problems as she does a double yolker every week almost. Anyhow both home and Beryl stressed Olive gone and left her ! For the first time since March 2011 no eggs, think they were all stressed with me taking the other two? Have to say I am so lucky reading Ace's post about poor little Marlene. Some photos as only will be able to post for another 14 days +f+
Elsie and Dee watching AJ preen

AJ
Top of the shop Elsie

New girlies
Olive
Olive and Beryl

Olive

Beryl

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Aww poor Olive and Deirdre. Flippin' eggs can be a nightmare sometimes. Hope they are both ok. It's horrible when they are poorly.
LYN
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I hope your girls perk up soon.

Good luck with your mouth operation thingy.

I have missed you
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

I love looking at your pics, I am so envy}} of the space you have! Hope your girls are okay and you are feeling better soon {hug}
Julie x
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Sorry truck load of photos as only 12 days of sensible photobucket left, may have to do over a few posts as totally wooly today, stitches out last night and now told if splint dosent work may have to have a plate until bone grows where was chisseled out in root canal last week! Gums still ache cant bite into apples ever again and costs so far £460, hmm should have prob put this in chat but heyho millions worse off than me so I will put my violin away and cause Richard's net to collapse with photos with my Princesses
Elsie & Betty
Amanda-Jayne dustbathing

Iris dustbathing
Our Amanda-Jayne, tipped and daktarined
AJ preening
Dozing Elsie with AJ & Deirdre
I want to be alone..AJ, Dee preening
I want to be alone Elsie, poor penguin AJ

A surprised Dee (Deirdre)
AJ & Elsie after a night on the town?
Betty...look at me!

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Betty showing off to Olive
Lets change please
Olive, think I will give that a try
Did it
Olive...look at me(I had to get her down though)
Hello there Beryl
4 gingers and an Elsie
Dee, Elsie and AJ contemplating life
Chilling

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

That's the first time I've seen the penguin stance so thanks for that Sandy )t' Hope AJ is ok. Your mouth sounds so sore!! Never had root canal treatment and touch wood never will >dum< Hope its back to normal soon {hug}

More great pics of your girls. I must remember to take the camera with me into the run tomorro.
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Brrr so cold. Just done the afternoon poo pick for both sets of girls. Have been shredding so put diatom and the paper in Peds house and got them fresh water with a bit of acv in it. Have popped two clean cat litters in their house ready to put waters in tonight. Done one fresh water for my girls and will bring the other two containers upto the house as sure it will be cold and work tomorrow! Ped girls have snacked on mealworms while my girls have had half a mug of corn/sunflower seeds and mealworms mixed together, interesting watching newbies Olive and Beryl joining in the madness. Shouted very loudly at Betty who took absolutely no notice as she would insist on standing on nice clean top of container I keep grit in then throwing her head into the bit of mash I have trying to mix in limestone flour ready to mix into pellets in the morning. I may only work 8 days a month but I hate it when I have to rush in the morning in their house at breakfast time. Amanda-Jayne had her own few mealworms in the office, made sure Betty was locked out so I have a nice sore fingertip again. Blob of daktarin on finger them coat in crushed mealworms just for her. She has lost her bit of hardness in her crop after parrafin a few days ago and back to squishy which wont vent anything on tipping. The vet patients Olive and Deirdre seem both fine, Dee did a softie in the cube before I opened up and Olive has layed a proper egg along with Elsie and Beryl today.

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Got home from work last night and Olive was in the cube again leaving Beryl on her own but when I shone in the torch to do a head count Elsie realised she was sharing her bed with both Deirdre and Olive so a nasty peck on Olive's head had her rushing out. Felt rather mean but carried her around to sleep with Beryl. When I go to the girl's home I wont open their frontdoor until they all move to the side which they do when I click my fingers and after 3 weeks Olive and Beryl are now joining the girls in position. This is necessary as foxy sits so close to their home when he sees me and I dont want anyone rushing out. At lock up time Olive was still up so gently nudged her towards Beryl's house as sure she will need cuddling up tonight.