this is what I need: this is what I've got

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

this is what I need: this is what I've got

Post by bmpsands »

I need a storage solution of some sort for dog walking stuff, foul weather gear. hats, gloves etc. It will sit next to the garden door in what passes for our dining area.

We have a very old blanket box that is looking rather battered now. It has a sort of laminated finish. Can I sand it and then paint? If I could it would save either living with a mess or spending money we don't have.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Mad Chick

Re: this is what I need: this is what I've got

Post by Mad Chick »

Is it like the laminate kitchen cupboard doors?

If so, you can buy special paint for them. I think Dew Lucks make one called )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

Thank you Mad Chick. I shall go to the big orange shop next wrinklies day (Wednesday).
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

When you say battered, is the laminate chipped or coming unstuck? Might be more of a job if so.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

Sorry for the delay Mo - I've been proper poorly and although I've been on the Lane I've forgotten to check this thread.

The laminate is in reasonable condition and not chipped or flaked except on one corner. I'll be aiming for shabby chic I think!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Good luck with it - )piicy( when it's done.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire