Carpal tunnel syndrome (added - wrong diagnosis by Richard)

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Carpal tunnel syndrome (added - wrong diagnosis by Richard)

Post by Richard »

Not an advertisement

Hi

I don't know if that's the condition I had, but for quite a while I had aches and pains in my wrist and upper hand and put it down to excessive PC work.

Anyway, about a year ago I thought I'd give one of the gel mouse pads like the one below a try and it's amazing how soon the aches and pains went.

I'm sure some of you already have one and will say they're well worth the money..

[center]Image[/center]

I got the above one in PC World, about £14 I think, but you can get the same one on Amazon for about £9

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mad Chick

Re: Carpal tunnel syndrome

Post by Mad Chick »

Ooh, I'll tell my friend )t'

She's just had both wrists operated on for carpel tunnel and she spends loads of time on her PC )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Sounds more like you had RSI as carpel tunnel syndrome doesn't go away without surgery. It is a thickening of the cartiliginous shield that protects the sinews, nerves and blood vessels entering the hand from the wrist. This reduces the blood flow and nerve impulses in the hand.
I had it in both hands and it was a real pain. Half the time the only way I knew I had something in my hands was because I could see it but I had no idea how hard I was gripping it.
When mousing it is the hovering of the forearm while holding the mouse that causes the problem so being able to rest the arm and just moving the mouse with your hand helps a lot.
A static mouse pad with a rolerball you move with your fingers is another useful bit of kit to help prevent any aches and pains.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

I'd agree with Dom, more like RSI if the pain went.

OH has just had his hand done and is awaiting the return of all feelings in his hand. None of the mousey things helped the pain before the op, it was only when he was finally persuaded to go the GP that he realised just how useless his hand had become - not good for someone who climbs for a living!
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks Dom and Stef, apologies for mis diagnosis (it's why I don't post much in this Category!!) )t'

My daughter is awaiting an operation on CTS., another left over from Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Carpal tunnel syndrome (added - wrong diagnosis by Richa

Post by Benny&Co »

Glad it's helped you Richard {hug}

I sometimes get pains in my wrist and it clicks at night time.

By the way, I love your purple laptop :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Richard

Post by Richard »

When I took the photo I thought 'bet Benny will like my Laptop colour' !!!!.

:-D
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Richard wrote:When I took the photo I thought 'bet Benny will like my Laptop colour' !!!!.

:-D

{rofwl} {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.