Sarabee's chickypops

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Re: Sarabee's chickypops

Post by sarabee »

sandy wrote:Actually Sara you are lucky not to have more ice down in Somerset been a lot of iced up water up here. Lyn google it +f+

It's funny we get more snow in this village but the drinkers haven't frozen much, probably because they are under the roof and close to the coop. Most nights I bring them in anyway.

I've found a chicken boarding service near Bristol. I need to visit but the testimonials are very good. Don't think they'll survive a week with son as they don't resemble a motorbike. I'd rather pay to have them looked after and have peace of mind.

Tomorrow is big clean day hopefully, now hubs is back on his feet. It's been a hectic week and I am not cut out to be a nurse, not to a man anyway.

The girls love the flub pellets so no problems there - no sign of worms so far.
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx

sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

I'm not happy - contacted the chicken boarding place, they offered to reserve the dates but said I could visit in May nearer the time (I go away at the end of May). If it's not what I want then it will be too late so .... back to the search. I can't actually believe anyone books their pet into boarding without visiting the place first.

Luckily found another place about 8 miles away and we are going to look tomorrow - very welcoming, very friendly and sell pellets at £7.75 a bag!
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

glad you've found somewhere else Sara. I wouldn't want to leave my girls where I hadn't been able to check it out far in advance too.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

In fairness Ellie, the lady has just emailed me to say there is nothing actually to see because coops are cleaned and in storage and ground is resting, they are a small set up and generally only have boarders in holiday period. This probably means she doesn't have her own.

The other place is fraught with danger - from April they have hatching chicks and have Point-of-Lay all other times including Bluebelles, I think they are soooo pretty! Have to make sure I don't go home with more than I take

+pinn+
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Night night Rhoda xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Sara was this boarding place in Bitton?
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

sandy wrote:Sara was this boarding place in Bitton?

Yes it is, do you know anything bad about them?

Saw Annie hall FB page saying she is taking time out
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Night night Rhoda xx
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Glad you got sorted out with the boarding Sara.

Now then, I recommend you don't take your purse with you when you drop your girls off just in case of any temptations! +pinn+ {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

good job im not taking mine anywhere near a chicken selling establishment im a sucker for a hen or two you know {rofwl}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Sara I cant get to you for awhile so I will keep an eye on here if you still have your pellets. I tried to find the boarding place a few weeks ago I followed the instructions and ended up down a dead end with one set of black gates with a buzzer system, no signs and opposite one set of silver gates with a padlock on. I popped in the garden centre up the top of the road and the man told me the black gates was a chicken place and the silver gates Noel Edmonds home! Very weird having a place that boards and sells stuff and no sign >coc<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

I wonder how much trade they lose because of it, I am going away for a couple of nights in June so need to find someone to sort my girls out while I'm gone, I have found a local person who actually lives down the road from me who does daog sitting and walking but also does home visits for small pets and chickens, so I might give them a go, the place I got my last two girls from also does boarding so I could take them there too and its only a about 15 minutes away,I'm just not sure which to go for
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Morb I would be tempted to go with local sitter so girls can stay in their own home.
Sara where on earth has Annie out all her birds and other animals. Thought it was rather strange when I drove up and it said we have moved log onto the internet

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Morbidia, I would go with keeping your girls in their own home too, less stress for them and you )t'
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Sara are you in on tuesday April 9th?

sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

sandy wrote:Morb I would be tempted to go with local sitter so girls can stay in their own home.
Sara where on earth has Annie out all her birds and other animals. Thought it was rather strange when I drove up and it said we have moved log onto the internet

Hi Sandie, yes it's the black gates and yes I still have the flub pellets!

It's been a crappy couple of weeks for lots of reasons that I won't go into but we finally decided we'd had enough, drove over to the Lincolnshire coast, picked up a little 3 bedroom 'doer-upper' for a song and as soon as we sell the business we are off to semi retirement. Not sure what I'll do but it will lack the stress that dogs me now.
Not sure how I'll transport three chickens on a 5 hour journey though so all advice appreciated.
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Night night Rhoda xx
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

sandy wrote:Sara are you in on tuesday April 9th?

Hi Sandie

I'm working on Tuesday but cold bring the pellets to work if you can get here
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Night night Rhoda xx