NEW HOME NEEDED FOR MY CHICKENS, PLEASE

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
jackie5558
Learner Laner

NEW HOME NEEDED FOR MY CHICKENS, PLEASE

Post by jackie5558 »

Hi, due to health problems and with a sad heart, I have decided I need to re-home my 6 girls, {cry} I have had three of them from being two week old chicks, they are now just over two years old, the other 3 I bought at different times, so they are around two and a half years old, they are all in good health, well apart from one that go pecked badly yesterday, (but I am treating her and she seems on the up).

I have a Bluebell, White Star, Amber Star, Ginger Cob Nut, Black Tail and a Fancy Speckeldey. (not sure on the spelling, sorry).

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you very much,
Regards Jackie

eclaire
Lively Laner

Re: NEW HOME NEEDED FOR MY CHICKENS, PLEASE

Post by eclaire »

Hi Jackie, it's very sad but you wouldn't have made the decision if it wasn't the right one. whereabouts in the country are you?
twitter: @eclaire79 and @doastudios1
jackie5558
Learner Laner

Post by jackie5558 »

Hi Eclaire, sorry I should have said, I am in Lancashire, Just outside Preston. I would have no problems helping with transport, if that helps.

Regards Jackie
eclaire
Lively Laner

Post by eclaire »

Well I wasn't planning on getting so many hens at once but I will have the room. We're in the middle of building a large coop and run and I'm getting 3 rescue hens on the 30th March. We're only in Bolton. I should sleep on it but potentially we can take them!
jackie5558
Learner Laner

Post by jackie5558 »

Eclaire, that would be brilliant if you could, )t' I have two large plastic drinkers, they both hold around a gallon of water, one large plastic feeder, that holds around 10x2 pint jugs full of layers, I have straw, layers, mixed corn, spice, cider vinegar and lots of other bits and bobs that would come along with them.

I could easily bring them over to Bolton, (that is where I come from originally), even though I have been in Chorley a long time, I still class myself as a Boltonian.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed. I will check in the morning for your reply.

Thanks Eclaire. {hug}

Kind Regards Jackie
susanrich
Learner Laner

Post by susanrich »

Hi Jackie,

I am in Lancaster , I would love to help you out but feel 6 may be too many as I already have 3 ex bats. I was thinking of getting a few more so if you felt you could split the girls up, I would be happy to give them a home.

Susan (Lancaster)
eclaire
Lively Laner

Post by eclaire »

Hi both

Jackie if you felt OK with splitting them up then that would be a more sensible option for me, however I'm happy to take them all if you'd rather keep them together. I've got the space, it might as well be used. :-D

I don't need to sleep on it, already excited!

Claire
eclaire
Lively Laner

Post by eclaire »

Oh and the extra gubbins you're offering would be very welcome indeed as we've not got all of it yet.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Thats really good to read that these hens have found a new home(s) a lovely end all round.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
jackie5558
Learner Laner

Post by jackie5558 »

:-D Hi Eclaire, that is wonderful news, {hug} I would much prefer for them to stay together, (sorry Susanrich) but thanks for the offer.

Now all we need to do is organise it. )app(

So how when and how do you want to do this, If you want to give me a call on my mobile its, (I am sure my number will be ok being put on here), then we can have a chat and organise things, the sooner the better for me obviously, but any idea when your coop is going to be finished?

Cant wait to chat, I am so thankful.

Regards Jackie x

Edited by mods as Eclaire now has the number - thanks
Last edited by jackie5558 on 21 Mar 2013, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
eclaire
Lively Laner

Post by eclaire »

Hi Jackie

I've taken a note of your mobile number -would recommend taking it out of the post cos you never know who's looking!

I'm very sleepy this evening so will call you tomorrow when I'm likely to make more sense!

Head of construction (other half) is off gigging in Scotland for a few days from tomorrow so it's likely to be middle/end of next week when we're ready for them. The very latest we'll be ready is 30th March cos that's when I get the ex-batts!

Speak to you soon

Claire
jackie5558
Learner Laner

Post by jackie5558 »

Ok hun, I will take my number of, thanks once again, I will speak to you tomorrow, if for some reason I dont answer, leave me a message and I will get back to you.

Regards Jackie xx
jackie5558
Learner Laner

Post by jackie5558 »

Thanks Mods for that. xx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

)app( what a lovely ending and all the girlies going together good luck for sorting it out keep ups u to date eclaire )piicy(
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

What a lovely happy ending and hope that you'll be okay Jackie {hug} {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.