Headache Remedies

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
LisaB

Headache Remedies

Post by LisaB »

The passed few months I've been waking up every morning with a terrible headache, it usually subsides after an hour or so, but lately it's been hanging around all day.

Paracetamol and headache tablets don't seem to make any difference.

Has anyone got any remedies or anything that will hopefully work?
Mad Chick

Re: Headache Remedies

Post by Mad Chick »

I get very occasional migraines which will only respond to a full blast of medication - I generally use nurofen plus (ibuprofen and codeine) AND paracetamol - the use of all three at the same time is normally enough to kick it's butt.

but if you are getting frequent headaches you can't take that constantly...

Have you tried lavender oil? Try putting dabs lavender essential oil on your temples and middle of forehead. Someone told me about this years ago when as a youngster I got a lot of headaches and it really did work for me )t'

I would say though that if you are getting headaches every morning for a few months, I would see a doctor {hug}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

Are you drinking enough? The headache you get in the morning from a hangover is due to dehydration, so it may be worth having a glass of water at bedtime if you don't already.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you both )t'

I can't take ibuprofen due to the medication I'm on for my arthritis, so can only really use paracetamol I think. I tried the headache balm things that you rub on your forehead but they didnt work either.
I'm also allergic to lavender {cry}

I think I'm drinking enough - and I always have a glass of water after I brush my teeth on a night cause I hate the taste of toothpaste. Shall try drinking more through the day and see if it helps.

I never ever used to get headaches but the passed month has been a nightmare.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

without being gross, check the colour of your wee to make sure that it is clear rather than yellow or even orange. I am a firm believer in keeping yourself hydrated, it is scientifically sound.
Bah Humbug
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Just a thought Lisa .. do you have a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Everything is A-ok in the wee department :oops: {rofwl}

And I dont think so Jannie?
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Please get one then Lisa {hug} .. we didn't have one in the first house Hubby and I lived in and it nearly cost us our lives. Even though the boiler was serviced regularly it wasn't noticed that a joint in the flue pipe had failed and allowed carbon monoxide to leak into the chimney and then through an air vent in our bedroom. Your symptoms are similar to those I suffered before we found the cause.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Sorry to hear that, I'm glad you're both okay {hug}
But wouldn't others show signs of it too? Wouldn't just be me would it?
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

The children were ok because it was only getting into the house through the vent in our room .. I am a bit paranoid about it now and make sure that all our houses and my families houses have them fitted.
Not saying it is the cause of your headaches ..but for the sake of £20 better be safe than sorry. {hug}
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I'll definitely talk to my mum about if we don't have one )t'

It would affect the dogs though, wouldn't it? (they sleep in my room with me)
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

I don't know about the dogs Lisa .. as I said, it was just a thought to ask about the alarm. Hope you feel better soon. )t'
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Well I will definitely get my mum to get one in case we don't )t' Thanks Jannie {hug}
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

The other thing to check with persistent headaches is your eyesight. Although I find that tends to be more headaches at the end of the day.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Homemade wrote:The other thing to check with persistent headaches is your eyesight. Although I find that tends to be more headaches at the end of the day.

Oh that is actually a very good point - I really do need to get my eyes checked because I keep getting sharp pains in them (and due to my arthritis I can develop inflammation behind the eye), I don't remember headaches being mentioned with this though but will ask when I go to the opticians, hopefully within the next week.