Home needed for 4 beautiful girls

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Mumma J
Lively Laner

Home needed for 4 beautiful girls

Post by Mumma J »

It is with great sadness that i post this to ask for your help. As some of you may know i have had problems with my neighbours and their dislike for my chickens. Things have come to a head today and so it is with a heavy heart that i have decided i need to find them a new home. I just can't take the stress of it all anymore.
They are 4 beautiful girls, all approx 1yr old. They are all hybrids-one columbian blacktail, one cou cou/speckeldy, one amber and one copper black. All very friendly, used to cats and children, easy to handle, lay an egg each a day rain wind or snow and all are in very good health.
I am willing to travel a reasonable distance to help transport them.
There are pics on my other posts if anyone wants to see what they look like.
Please can anyone help me and my beautiful girls?
Thank you
x
Mum of 2 children, 4 cats, 1 ancient fish and 5 Pekins!

LisaB

Re: Home needed for 4 beautiful girls

Post by LisaB »

I'm so sorry Mumma J {cry}
I think if you're allowed to keep chickens on your land it's nobody else's business, but can understand how you feel {cry}

I wish I could help. I hope you find a fab home for your girls. {hug} {hug}

(Where abouts are you?)
Mumma J
Lively Laner

Post by Mumma J »

Thanks Lisa :-(
I live in Northamptonshire
X
RuthieG
Lively Laner

Post by RuthieG »

Your girls are beautiful, and I'm very tempted, I'm not too far from you really (Coventry). Will speak to hubby and see what he thinks, although the timing might be a bit off at the moment, I've got a couple of poorly girls that might not take to having newcomers.....
https://www.facebook.com/1500Kilometers my 1500 km journey to a more healthy me!
chookmike
Longlasting Laner

Post by chookmike »

We could help in early June. Not much help I know....

So sorry to hear of this situation. We are always worried about the same problem but so far so good. Pigeons get on my nerves but no-one to moan at. Children moreso but can't say anything really.

Are you sure you couldn't have the neighbours 'round for a peace meeting, let them pick the chooks up or feed them and they might change their minds?

Mike
Mumma J
Lively Laner

Post by Mumma J »

Thank you for your replies.

RuthieG-they are really wonderful chickens, so friendly and healthy. Apart from my neighbour trouble they have been a complete pleasure to own. I hope your 2 girls get better soon.

and

Chookmike-I'm afraid it's WAY past peace talks. I have had to face facts that i can fight and fight but do i really want all that stress? I don't need it, my partner and children don't need and my chooks don't need it.

Both of your offers are very kind, and thank you for even considering trying to help my girls out, but fortunately a very dear friend has offered to take them in. They'll be joining another 5 girls of all different breeds and ages. They should be leaving for pasture new today, their suitcases are packed {cry}
I'm obviously very saddened by the situation but i'm actually seething today-how anyone can have such a hold on your life is beyond me. I feel angry that they have 'won' but feel i have no choice. Karma is my best friend now >stir<

Thank you again {hug}
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Sending you a {hug}

Such a shame you've had to get rid of your chickens because of the neighbours, however, it's good that they are going to a friend so you can still see them.
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
chookmike
Longlasting Laner

Post by chookmike »

I am pleased to hear the girls are safe but share your anger. Please come and buy out my next door neighbour who mows his lawn at 7am on a Sunday,then we can have lots of chooks in peace.

Something I have been been meaning to ask you - your ancient fish. This winter did for a tench in my pond and my diary shows that I caught it on December 27th 1973!

Cheers

Mike
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh MummaJ, I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news {cry}

What a blooming horrible, inconsiderate neighbour. Like you say Karma.

Hopefully as your friend has taken your girls you can still see how they're getting on {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

im glad it has worked out for you mumma j alls well that ends well, even if it doesnt feel the best for us sometimes we have to make a very difficult decision and put our much loved pets first )t' at least you will still get to see the girls )t'
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx