Eye lens problem

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Eye lens problem

Post by albertajune »

For a few months now I have had a problem with blurring in my right eye. I have been told it is dry eye, greasy eye from blocked ducts erupting, told to bathe with salt water, told to bathe with diluted baby shampoo and given antibiotic cream. It has also been blamed on my synus problem. }hairout{
I have got the point where the blur is so bad, that I have difficulting in reading, even with reading glasses that were prescribed in Nov. When I couldn't read the number plate of the car in front of ours when closing the good eye, I knew that something was wrong. It doesn't help that I have disturbance in the good eye from floaters. I waited 3wks to get an appointment to see my actual GP, instead of whoever had a empty slot and saw her last evening.
Within 2 minutes she told me that the artificial lens that I had put in when a cataract was removed, has thickened and has deposits in it. She is refering me back to the hospital, where it is a simple job to correct by using lasers.
I have had laser treatment before for partial detatched retinas and don't like it, but I'm so relieved to find out what the problem is. I just hope that the wait for treatment won't be too long as I'm fed up with not being able to do much that needs close vision.
Hopefuuly I will be back to 'normal' by the summer.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
wendy

Re: Eye lens problem

Post by wendy »

Oh dear, eyes are a worry aren't they?
Hopefully you won't have to wait too long before being 'lasered' and all will be fine again.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Having had poor eyesight all my life, I do worry where it will end. The optician always reassures me when I go for my routine eye checks each year but nothing convinces me entirely.
June, I had to have emergency laser treatment for a torn retina about 4 years ago and you are right , it isn't very nice, my poor eye afterwards was so sore. The job done was a good one , thankfully, though I also have a very large floater in my left eye and several small ones in my right (reminds me a bit of when I used to get migraines-that sort of disturbance). I was told at the post laser check up that my retinas are very thin as they are so stretched and its is likely that the other eye will also tear at some point, so it is a worry at the back of my mind.
I am lucky though as round here if I have a concern, I go straight to the optician (actually a very good branch of specysavers)and if he detects a problem , he rings the eye hospital and gets an appointment for me the same day.
Good luck with your treatment, it sounds straight forward enough just hope you get it sooner than later.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Poor you June - I must admit I am a bit of a girl with anything to do with eyes :?

I am glad they can correct it though for you - that must be a relief {hug}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Poor June and hopefully your appointment will be through soon {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Benny&Co wrote:Poor June and hopefully your appointment will be through soon {hug}

I recently had a letter from my GP saying that she had contacted the hospital and that an appointment was booked for the 30th May to see the eye consultant. Today a letter cam the hospital, telling me that I don't have to go the the eye clinic to see him. Instead, I have been put straight onto the surgical/laser waiting list. Fingers crossed, it won't be too long a wait. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh yes >fi< and paws crossed June )t' {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.