Sssshhh don't tell Maggie

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Sssshhh don't tell Maggie

Post by Annie »

Mrs B wrote:
Annie wrote:I was in the local Co-op today and one of the guys there was saying its madness, they had a delivery today of a tower of anti freeze and the next thing off the lorry was bedding plants, hardly items that go together.

Maybe it is the new way to protect tender plants from frosts.

{rofwl} {rofwl}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Well the sedum plant is also called the Ice Plant
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Maggie1 wrote:Well the sedum plant is also called the Ice Plant

Another one tough as old boots, mine has a good show of new leaves already, wouldn't say its the prettiest plant but worth a space in the garden for the bees and butterfly it attracts and the longevity of the blooms that still hold a good deep colour as they go over.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

{rofwl}

It's going to be nice weather wise this weekend - do you think it's safe to put seedlings out yet?
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Pending on if its warm enough
What the seedlings are
How big the seedlings are
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I am very impressed with my Marguerite from Leedle, lovely big size and such a bargain. In fact it was so good I purchased two, one to go in a pot at the front of the house and one for the chicken garden.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Couldn't believe it today. We have had a week of sunshine, sometimes the temperature was 14. Last night it chucked down all night. About 1 lunchtime it started to drizzle and then it came down in stair rods. Next thing it turned to hail yike* Our front lawn was white and took some time to clear.
So be very careful {warn}
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Maggie1 wrote:Next thing it turned to hail yike* Our front lawn was white and took some time to clear.

I am not listening, la la la.

Don't worry the margs are going in pots at the front of the house where it is sheltered plus they will absorb the heat from the house bricks (IYSWIM) until at least the end of the month.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Mrs B wrote:
Maggie1 wrote:Next thing it turned to hail yike* Our front lawn was white and took some time to clear.

I am not listening, la la la.

Don't worry the margs are going in pots at the front of the house where it is sheltered plus they will absorb the heat from the house bricks (IYSWIM) until at least the end of the month.

Today 9.15 and its 9 and we had hail yesterday. Hope you don't catch a cold {warn}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Think I might have to take a little trip to Leeeeedle )t'

Haven't put anything out as yet, got seeds sprouting up all over the place :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.