Formula One

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Formula One

Post by Benny&Co »

Good result for Red Bull who are local to us here in MK, but what a naughty boy Seb Vettel was yesterday {warn}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Formula One

Post by sandy »

I don't agree Bev infact I am fuming. What is Adrain Newey going to do for the next race, wrap his cars in bubble wrap? Yes there is big big money in F1, keep the sponsors happy, the directors and all manner of people involved but where would they be without us, the fans. We want to see racing, isn't it actually called a race! As for Mercedes, come on please if they were concerned about the fuel let Lewis take his foot off of the throttle so Nico didn't have to put his down too much when he was obviously the faster driver that day and could have passed him without using any extra precious fuel. All the teams make such a song and dance about the way Ferrrari ordered Ruebens to Let Michael pass many moons ago did they not! Still really fuming, worse race I have ever seen }hairout{
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Eeeek sorry Sandy, I'm not as knowledgeable about it all as you are :oops: {hug&kiss}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Don't worry Bev {hug} After chickens its the one thing I am very passionate about
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hazell, Bev what did you think of sunday's race? A live one thank goodness for us non Sky subscribers. Really lucky Webber's tyre rolled off without incident. It was a good race especially the last lap for 3rd position

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

As a Nico Rosberg fan, I was pretty miserable for most of it ..... but that's racing.

I see the conspiracy theorists are out after Webber's run of bad luck. Thankfully, most of us have better things to think about after a race.

My driver of the day was Kimi. He's doing a grand job in a fairly poor (next to RB, etc.) car. I also liked soft tyres degrading so fast and the pits playing a large role in the results, so the tyres ended up being second best part of the race really.
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

You are right about the tyres, and I am tired already about poor hard done by Webber! I do not wish to offend you but are you old enough to have followed Keke?

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

sandy wrote:You are right about the tyres, and I am tired already about poor hard done by Webber! I do not wish to offend you but are you old enough to have followed Keke?

Not offended at all! I'm 45 and know who Keke Rosberg is, but didn't follow him at the time. TV coverage in those days was pretty partisan and I doubt he got much of a mention to be honest.
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

You obviously missed sunday nights highlights on BBC, if I remember rightly the whole programmes was on about an hour but then you are a mere spring chicken. Such joy this sunday a whole hour and a half of racing, I need a neighbour close by with Sky cause you know by 5.00pm someone is going to let on the results

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

sandy wrote:You obviously missed sunday nights highlights on BBC, if I remember rightly the whole programmes was on about an hour but then you are a mere spring chicken. Such joy this sunday a whole hour and a half of racing, I need a neighbour close by with Sky cause you know by 5.00pm someone is going to let on the results

I taped the live race and watched sunday night, as I always have to do.

There's a very, very strict rule in my pet food shop - if ANYONE tells me ANYTHING about the race, be it F1 or MotoGP, they are banned for life. No messing and no jokes - banned for life. Somebody once tried psyc-ing me out at a horse show by telling me who won the Italian GP, so my 13.3 pony promptly whooped his large expensive showjumper in the Working Hunter and I told his girlfriend he was cheating on her. Thus, nobody tells me now. Call it cruel, but it's effective.

As a Murdoch hater, I won't watch any Sky or buy his newspapers. Don't complain at others who do, it's their money after all, but even for F1 it's a rule I can't break. If Sky showed Johnny Depp live talking dirty from an Aston Martin, I wouldn't even be able to watch that (though I have pictures in my head already .....) :-D

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try and find the repeated highlights in the schedule this week )t'
@Sheldonatsov
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I missed it this weekend :oops:
Bev x

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh Hazell that did make me laugh, piccie of your horsey please :-D I meant BBC1 only showed highlights back in the 70s :oops: No matter lets hope this weeks is a good one and sort yourself out Benny...5.00pm BBC1 girlie

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

When I learn to post pics, shall do. Don't hold your breath, I'm an idiot.

Benny, you missed nothing. It was rubbish anyway. Honest +pinn+

This weekend - Moto GP, F1 and World Snooker. Plus two full days in my shop and a birthday party for a friend's 16 year old.
Might have to send the dog to the party as proxy and see to the animals in my sleep. I hope you guys have less to do and enjoy your sport live (as it should be) )t'
@Sheldonatsov
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Girls did you see the race this sunday? At last a real race when racing was actually involved )t'

HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Youy said it )t'

As a Kimi and Nico fan I was half entertained :-D
And as I'd been up since 4am I was also half asleep {rofwl}