Loving home needed for my three chickens

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
cakebaker
Lively Laner

Loving home needed for my three chickens

Post by cakebaker »

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control I need to find a new home for my chickens. They are two black bantam Orpingtons and one buff large Orpington. They are approx two years old and as with all posh birds they lay when they want, at the moment two are laying. All were wormed in February and they have all been healthy since I first had them over a year and a half ago. They have a covered run and free range in the afternoons.I shall be very sorry to see them go as they are very entertaining and make lovely singing noises. I am in Plymouth, Devon and can travel if it helps.

tuchickenlover1976
Learner Laner

Re: Loving home needed for my three chickens

Post by tuchickenlover1976 »

Can these be shipped? i live in tulsa, OK
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

tuchickenlover1976 wrote:Can these be shipped? i live in tulsa, OK

{rofwl} {rofwl}
Probaly a bit far.
Now if you lived in Catoosa........... :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
tuchickenlover1976
Learner Laner

I thought you were somewhere on the east coast, because I saw Plymouth in your posting. If you are in Catoosa I can pick them up. you can email directions to email address removed Thanks, Ron
manda

Post by manda »

If anyone wants to discuss this with Ron then PM would be good...but...Ron have you realised that this is Plymouth in Devon UK Manda
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Ah the wonders of the world.w.w. It took someone in New Zealand to point that out!

Actually most of us are UK based and many of the further flung members are of UK origin.
But welcome to the site Ron - ignore our warped sense of humour and tell us about yourself and your hens (there is an Introductions category you could start a thread in)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
cakebaker
Lively Laner

Post by cakebaker »

Ron I would have loved you to have my chickens, but I think you now know it is too far away :-D
Is there no-one a little nearer who would like to give my chickens a new home?
tuchickenlover1976
Learner Laner

I had not responded because I was otherwise occupied. i did not read the message thoroughly and I as there is both a Plymouth and a Devon on the wast coast of the US I assumed that it was in the US. Additionally, a lot of people in the region where I live will for the sake of brevity list cities that are in close proximity like that in a sentence even though it is not the correct way to list towns. For example, Tulsa and Broken Arrow are very close and people will say, I live in the Tulsa, Broken Arrow area. On a separate note, yes there are people closer and I was able to obtain some chickens last night. Thanks, all the same
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Glad you managed to get some chooks )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
chickenjo
Lively Laner

Post by chickenjo »

Have these lovely Orpingtons found a home yet? If only I lived nearer!

Jo
x
1 tolerant husband, 2 lazy but crazy shibas (Dali and Yoshi), countless fish and shrimp and 3 (soon to be 4) cheerful chooks: Eleanor the prissy pekin, Anastasia the warbling wyandotte, and Georgiana the rock chick.

Rehomed after being reared as chicks: Ginger (he was actually a boy) and Marilyn who are now frolicking in someone else's garden!

Deeply missed are Eowyn and Arwen, the demanding but gorgeous ex-batts that thought they had the same rights as the dogs; Isabella the silkie beauty and Lizzie the elderly pekin I adopted with her hubby Henry, also passed.
peacockks
Learner Laner

Post by peacockks »

cakebaker,
I am in Plympton and can help you if help is still needed.
you can call me on 07917 246 936
regards
Keith