Benny-Bev's chooky adventures!

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Benny-Bev's chooky adventures!

Post by sandy »

So Nita is in the sin bin! Why do some girls pluck others feathers it is really annoying must be a trait in their character
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

She's still being very naughty Sandy {warn} and on Friday the little minx managed to jump up onto the compost bin, then up and over the back fence yike*

Thankfully the neighbour managed to catch her and put her back into the garden.

This morning I go into their mansion to find several feathers on the floor and in the eglooop, then little Margie laid her egg on the floor after being terrorised by Nita.

She has the odd times where she's good, but then reverts to being so nasty again.

Not good.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Nita escaped again yesterday.

I think she's trying to get to Rocky the Rooster in the next avenue.

Despite everything I've given, extra protein, separation, lots of space she's still being incredibly naughty terrorising the other girls.

All three other girls have now have feathers missing where she's been pecking them and plucking them out.

It's with great sadness that I think I'm going to have to look at finding a new home for her.

I've never had this problem with any of my girls before. I just can't let this keep happening {cry}

I'm going to start by contacting some local chicken buddy's. My main priority is to find somewhere for Nita where she'll be very well cared for and loved.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Since posting the above, all is calm at the minute.

It's a toughy isn't it.

{cry}
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Spoke too soon.

Have had to separate her again {cry}
Bev x

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

aww bev im sorry nita is being naughty ,have a huge {hug} and >fi< she improves her behaviour and doesnt have to be rehomed ,it is awful when the coop is unsettled {cry}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

It's horrible Ace and it's starting to make me feel quite stressed out {cry}

Never had this before.

I've had a word with a chicken buddy down here and she is possibly going to give a loving home to Nita.

Can I ask you Ace, when you introduced Marylin to your flock how many girls and boys did you have and how did you go about introducing a single hen?
Bev x

aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Bev what a pain :? You keep thinking they are going to settle and then it starts again }hairout{ My Sal was a devil for pulling the new ones feathers out for ages, but she seems to have stopped now for some unknown reason >shrug< Wish we could read their minds............maybe not!!........probably send us all doolally!!
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh Bev it really is horrible when they behave like Nita. Abbie was like this with Alice and I only had the two of them but had to keep them seperated until Alice's feathers grew back and the blood was gone. Dont dither for years like me you do need to rehome her which is a real shame but it will keep you sane {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
magic girl
Learner Laner

Post by magic girl »

hi bev iv really enjoyed reading your chicken keeping diary,im glad they are doing ok(apart from one of them pulling feathers from the others)after your earlier losses this chicken keeping thing can be heart breaking and im dreading getting my own as i can still remember sobbing uncontrolably when my sons gerbils passed away and im still getting over the loss of my beloved cat sox who i had for 17 years and passed away in october last year.still i know they will have a good life with us so i just need to build a large run and decide what coop to get and maybe soon i will be doing my own diary :-D
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

magic girl wrote:hi bev iv really enjoyed reading your chicken keeping diary,im glad they are doing ok(apart from one of them pulling feathers from the others)after your earlier losses this chicken keeping thing can be heart breaking and im dreading getting my own as i can still remember sobbing uncontrolably when my sons gerbils passed away and im still getting over the loss of my beloved cat sox who i had for 17 years and passed away in october last year.still i know they will have a good life with us so i just need to build a large run and decide what coop to get and maybe soon i will be doing my own diary :-D

Hello Magic Girl

Thank you for reading my diary and for your kind comments.

Yes our animals are certainly members of our little family {hug}

Looking forward to hearing about your chooky adventures and plans :-D
Bev x

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Haven't posted for a few days, been a bit {cry} over the whole Nita thing.

I found her a lovely new home and took her on Thursday. She's with lots of girls and a couple of Rocky Roosters and some ducks as well.

Felt a bit better when I heard she's settling in well and here she is in her new abode {hug}

My other littlies seem to be fine, bless their hearts. Everything much calmer now in the Hen-Mansion {hug}
Bev x

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Glad things have worked out well Bev, it must've been a tough decision to make but it sounds like it was for the best {hug} she looks right at home already.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Theres no wonder shes settled in quick Bev just look at that hunk shes shacked up with :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

That rooster will keep her in check , she looks relaxed in her new home )t'