LisaB

Re: I got a new graphics tablet!

Post by LisaB »

Just another one I've just finished :)

tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Wow they are great. What a talented young lady you are. They are all really good but my favourite is the chicken. :-D
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

LisaB wrote:Thank you all {hug}

I dont think I'm good enough to sell my work yet

I think you are wrong there, Lisa - they are definitely good enough to sell.
They are really beautiful.
Go for it! When you are famous we'll all be able to say we knew you when you were just a young thing posting on a forum. :-D
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Aww thank you both very much {hug} I think the next thing i'm going to draw is Milly - her hair do looks like good fun to draw ahaha.
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

How does this work, Lisa?

What do you draw with, and how do you do the shading and texture? Presume you save it as a digital file on the PC? I wouldn't have the talent for it, but I think my daughter might like this.

I think the outstanding thing about your work is the character. Would def lend itself to kids books illustrations or gaming.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

That is amazing Lisa, you really have a great talent.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you very much Mrs Boodles {hug}

rhubarb93 wrote:How does this work, Lisa?

What do you draw with, and how do you do the shading and texture? Presume you save it as a digital file on the PC? I wouldn't have the talent for it, but I think my daughter might like this.

I think the outstanding thing about your work is the character. Would def lend itself to kids books illustrations or gaming.

Thank you {hug}

All you need is a graphics tablet (I use a wacom graphire4, but my friend uses a wacom bamboo which she loves, but the feel just isn't right for me) and a program for drawing on, like photoshop or SAI Paint.

The graphics tablet has a pen, so all you do is draw on the tablet and it comes up on whatever program you're drawing on.

Once you've chosen your tablet you can download drivers for it from the wacom website (or it might come with a disk), just takes a few minutes then you're ready to go!

It can take a while to get used to the feel of it and all the tools, but great fun once you've got the hang of it :) there are tons of tutorials on the web explaining how to do all different textures and shading, I always look at them on youtube - so much easier seeing how someone else does it.

If you need any help just drop me a PM :-D
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Thanks, Lisa,
Will have a look round for the tutorials