The gifts non gardeners give to gardeners

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

The gifts non gardeners give to gardeners

Post by Annie »

At christmas a friend gave me a set which comprised a pair of blue crock wellies with herbs to be planted into each boot, a packet of biscuits and a few posh tea bags. You were supposed to need the tea and biscuits after the arduous task of planting the herbs.
Now they aren't my kind of thing but today I thought I had better do something with the seeds before I get asked by my friend how they did.
The instructions said to carefully cut the top off the packet and empty growing compost into the container , which could have drainage holes put in but be careful to stand it on a tray afterwards. How am I going to put drainage holes in a ceramic wellie >dum< ?
Anyway I looked at the packaging and it was a tough paper outer and the inner was a plastic material so I made drainage holes in that instead and sat it in the wellie and turned the top over like a sock )t'
Next I put the growing material in the paper inner reserving some , as instructions. Then I had to sprinkle the seeds onto the compost making sure I did this finely as I didn't want to overcrowd the seeds (so the instructions advised) , there were 10 seeds in the packet {rofwl} .
Finally I was to pour the reserved growing medium over the top and mist with a water spray so as not to make it too wet. As Richard would say ' what a faff'
These gift companies see people coming don't they ? Bet they don't grow !
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: The gifts non gardeners give to gardeners

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

{rofwl} It obviously looked like a good idea when it was on the shelf.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: The gifts non gardeners give to gardeners

Post by MissEllie »

Sounds like its a glass of wine you need after that rather than a cup of tea :-D
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen