Double my butt

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Mrs B

Double my butt

Post by Mrs B »

Ha that got your attention {warn} .

Ideally I am trying to find a double tap for my water butt, the idea being that one side I can connect a hose which will run down to the chicken garden leaving the other tap free for the house garden.

Does such a thing exist?

See I am trying to be frugal and not buy an extra butt, stand etc plus the time spent fitting the darned thing.
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Re: Double my butt

Post by billnorfolk »

Hi Mrs B

Nothing to stop you fitting another tap so your butt has 2 taps a few inches apart,you would need the butt empty to fit a new tap(unless you put your diving suit on) as a washer and plastic nut fit inside just means drilling the right size hole in the side of the but to fit .Dont know how much success you will have fitting a hose to a plastic waterbut tap ,dont think i have come accross one with a hose fitting >gl<

A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Most Butt taps are tapered so if it was still too big to slip a hose onto you could buy a rubber hose/tap adapter like this
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Thanks Bill and Dom. >ck<

Luckily I have my PADI dive qualification so no problem there )t' and for some reason Beerless has a collection of hose fittings so hopefully something should fit.

Collects bits of hose nozzles but cant get excited about new cushions, Beerless is an odd creature >shrug<
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Mrs B, I saw the title of your thread and thought you were talking about me, as that is what is likely to happen to me whilst I am on holiday for 2 weeks in Florida :oops: :oops: double the size of my butt
[center][/center]Davina
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Don't worry about suncream Davina as when I turn sideways my butt is so big it will cast a shadow big enough to reach Florida.

Please have an all you can eat breakfast buffet for me )piicy(
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

I will indeed haven buffet breakfast for you Mrs B )t' and I will try to post a pic
[center][/center]Davina