Massive day for Hull City

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Massive day for Hull City

Post by HappyBob »

Massive game for Hull City v Barnsley today. With Watford turning over Leicester last night they have reduced our margin to one point and fair play to them they have put the pressure on us.

Last week we played Bristol and we were dire. A win today and we are promoted to the EPL.

Barnsley are fighting for their lives so this will not be an easy game. I,ll be setting off to Oakwell at around 11.30 this morning and hope that we are promoted by 4.50pm. If not then we play the Champions (Cardiff) at home last game of the season, which we will either have to win or Watford lose their final game against Leeds. This is the tickly end of the season, I,ll be glad when its all over no matter what happens as my nerves are shot :-D :-D "UP THE TIGERS". )t'
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Re: Massive day for Hull City

Post by HazellB »

Sorry ....

.... but it IS only a game y'know >stir<

I used to go to Hull on a friend's season ticket after his son's untimely death. He had his name in brass on the seat and loved it. Picture a mild-mannered, hard working man with the poshest accent on earth who never, ever swore and that was Ian.
At least that was Ian until the whistle blew {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Big Big last game Bob !!!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Richard wrote:Big Big last game Bob !!!

I think we,ve blown it in all honestly Richard, I was at the Barnsley game and we very much bottled it. Unless Leeds turn watford over I think the games up and its probably the playoffs for us. But I once heard some one say "Its a funny ol game football" so you never know what the final outcome maybe.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

HazellB wrote:Sorry ....

.... but it IS only a game y'know >stir<

I used to go to Hull on a friend's season ticket after his son's untimely death. He had his name in brass on the seat and loved it. Picture a mild-mannered, hard working man with the poshest accent on earth who never, ever swore and that was Ian.
At least that was Ian until the whistle blew {rofwl}

Sorry to hear of the sad circumstances that you visited Hull HazelB, sounds as though Ian could possibly have been part of the East Stand (which is the stand I,m part of). Its amazing what football can do to folk, I,ve seen very mild mannered family gents turn into raging swearing monsters for ninety mins then return back to mild mannered mode, sometimes reminds me of the incredible Hulk :-D :-D :-D "Up The Tigers"
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

HappyBob wrote: "Up The Tigers"

I once called the mascot Roary the Tiger, Roary the Lion.
That was a quiet journey home ..... {rofwl}
@Sheldonatsov
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

"Roary the lion" haha I can imagine what comments that would have caused :-D . Last throw of the dice for us today, as I cant see us going up via the playoffs.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

90 seconds to go - think we can safely say congrats to Hull! What a day! Huddersfield stayed up - that was a roller coaster match for hubby!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Sid and his girls
Learner Laner

Post by Sid and his girls »

WELL DONE HULL CITY!!!! :-D
love life,love your family and friends,be happy with what you have as its already a joy to be alive.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

congratulations to 'ull. )t'
Bah Humbug
wendy

Post by wendy »

{cry} Our poor Watford !
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard

Post by Richard »

That's football WEendy !!

Great for Hull City Bob. I hope we play you next season >fi<
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Thanksfor all your best wishes regards our promotion. Wendy I,m rooting Watford to go up via the playoffs, throughout our last 4 games Watford fans were never bitter and very sportsman like and for that reason alone I hope they go up. I also hope the team console the young keeper who was thrown in the deep end, I feel for him.

I have been a season pass holder for getting on 20 years, and we were fortunate to have our 1st adventure into the EPL via the playoffs in 2008 after 104 years as a football team.

Although it was emotional, it came nowhere near the emotions of yesterday. The lows and highs in one game I have never experienced, that coupled with having to wait in the ground for Watfords result to finish was immense.

Also I,m pleased for our chairman, Mr Allam a local buisnessman who saved us two years ago, we were two weeks from going out of buisness and he covered the 60 million pounds worth of debts the last regime had ammased while in the premier, we had no assets whats so ever. To say I,m happy this morning is an understatement.. :-D :-D :-D "UP THE TIGERS" coming to a premier stadium near you soon )t'
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

Up the Tigers/Lions :-D

Enjoy the better quality pies at matches now you're in with the big boys again )t'
@Sheldonatsov
Richard

Post by Richard »

No, you can't have quality and healthy pies at football matches, just isn't football :-D :-D