Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Your top 3 to replace Sir Alex ?

Post by Richard »

I reckon on...

1. David Moyes
2. Ole Solskjær
3. Gary Neville

I'm not a Man Utd fan, but have to say Sir Alex is the greatest Manager around the Globe, amazing man.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Re: Your top 3 to replace Sir Alex ?

Post by HappyBob »

Agree Richard an amazing man and a great manager, his replacement will have a tough act to follow. My two penneth..

1. Jose Mourhino

2. Jurgen Klopp

3. David Moyes

As an outsider I dont think you can dismiss Warren Joyce at this point of the running.
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Fergie is one of the main reasons that Man U is NOT my favourite team! I hope they replace him with someone with some charisma as well as the requisite extraordinary talent.

Jose Mourinho ticks all the boxes for me. +f+
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I try not to refer to him as Sir as his head gets too big and I don't know where the gossip started but I am not thinking of replacing just yet {hug}

Oh I see not my Alex, you mean the other one {rofwl}

Actually I hope he doesn't see this post Richard it will start him ranting again {mr.angry}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Haha love it Annie!

Hubby reckons Moyes, with Rafa going to Everton but is wanting to put a bet on Giggs as an outside chance - I don't think Giggs would get manager but it wouldn't surprise me if he has some role in the backroom staff ...
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Reckon it's got to be David Moyes as he'll fit in well at the club and be able to cope with Sir Alex looking over his shoulder all the time!

I couldn't see Jose fitting in at the club although I think it would be very entertaining if he did come here.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
perchy

Post by perchy »

This is easy really:

1. Manda
2. Helen
3. Lucy

)t'
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

perchy wrote:This is easy really:

1. Manda
2. Helen
3. Lucy

)t'

)t' {rofwl} )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

This LFC fan wishes Sir Alex a long, happy and healthy retirement {hug}

I'd say Jose Mourhino is my favourite for his replacement. I hear they're announcing who this afternoon.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Richard wrote:I reckon on...

3. Gary Neville

Richard

Isn't Gary Neville quite tied up with all his Sky work Richard?
Bev x

stewpot
Lively Laner

Post by stewpot »

Amazing manager. Even as LFC fan have to say he has surpassed the great Bob Paisley. But also 'personality' left a lot to be desired from wise sage to bully and contemptable in droves in his attitude and words. But game will miss him. Fear successor will have the SAF shadow over him from board level though like what happened what Stan Matthews was still there.

Successors?

1. David Moyes - Nailed on I think but debatable as to whether can handle it and money
2. Jose Mourhino - It would be funny if he went to there instead of Chelsea
3. Rafa Benitez - he's bound to apply and it would really annoy all the MU fans

Wish SAF a good retirement (Please stay retired as well!)
"Remember as you go through life that a rich man is just a poor man with an incredible amount of money" - Smith & Jones
Stewpots DTL Allotment Diary 2013
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I was going to suggest Mrs B as her love of football goes beyond measures {rofwl}
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Maggie1 wrote:I was going to suggest Mrs B as her love of football goes beyond measures {rofwl}

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Bev x

saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

It was David Moyes for me all the way, he has been linked with the move before… six year contract they said on the news this morning. Everton fans must gutted that their long term and popular manager has just upped and left when the offer of more money and a club with more expensive players comes along. While I respect Fergie in a way, I do hold him pretty much responsible for much of what is wrong with the English game… number one in a long line of crimes against our game is refusing to enter the FA cup because Europe was more lucrative; starting the trend of the uber-rich clubs to buy up all the best players to stop competitors from fielding them (many never even make it to the bench, sadly never to play a competitive game and reach their potential, some are even loaned out to other clubs in the same league but they can not play against the parent club), breaking the old first division away from the rest of the league to form the premiership and then trying to hand pick the clubs that he wanted to be allowed into the club, he wanted the smaller clubs like Southampton thrown out and bigger clubs from lower leagues automatically promoted into it; he also holds considerable sway when it comes to policy making within the FA (he was a big supporter on lifting the ban on same division loan signings within the premiership which suited his purpose)… the list goes on and let us not forget he is not particularly sporting when his team loses, nor is he a gracious winner. Anyway I wish him a happy second retirement.
Bah Humbug