Help, new home needed for 2 bully chickens:(

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Rks44
Learner Laner

Help, new home needed for 2 bully chickens:(

Post by Rks44 »

I really need help, we have 2 bully hens that we have tried and tried to intergrate into our flock but its not working at all so have now had to come to the horrible decision that they need to be rehomed ASAP. We are based in sussex but i can deliver to a good home. They are about 1 year old and both lay every day even through the winter. If anyone can help please message me. Thanks

paljoey
Lively Laner

Re: Help, new home needed for 2 bully chickens:(

Post by paljoey »

Hi sorry to hear about your bullies!
Can you give us some more information to help find them the right home. Breed/size??
Do they free range or are they in a fixed area?
Sometimes bullying starts from boredom but unfortunately once a hen is picked on quite often others in the flock will join in.
Anything else you can think of that will assist a potential rehomer.......
Rks44
Learner Laner

Post by Rks44 »

Hi, they are a belle blue & barred rock, they don't free range but have very large walk in run and lots of hanging things to keep them occupied. We have tried everything to intergrate them but are now having to have them seperated from the others. They chase the other hens and pin them down and peck them, its constant and even when we try to get them off they keep going:( its not fair on our other girls. Any help is appreciated, many thanks
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

don't need address and phone numbers printed here but a rough guide to your location would help to find potential rehomers all address etc is done through private pms xx )t'

lovely birds to rehome nice breeds )t'

just to add I rehomed a hen who was a bully and I have never had her bully any of my hens she is now part of a happy pecking order so please don't anybody be put off just because the hens have bullied in this laners flock welcome to the lane by the way )wav( always nice to have new members join us
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Rks44
Learner Laner

Post by Rks44 »

I am based in haywards Heath West Sussex, they get on fine with each other and fantastic layers. Thank you :)