Hairdrier Connection

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Hairdrier Connection

Post by urbanchicks »

A question for football fans, I don't understand what this means in connection with Sir Alec Fergusson, on the news today and in the papers, can someone explain please?

Maggie :?
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Hairdrier Connection

Post by Richard »

Someone may correct me as I haven't seen the article, but believe it was a half time incident a few years back when Sir Alex kicked a Hair Dryer in frustration and hit David Beckham with it.

You see a lot of frustration in Sport, I see it in Cricket; bats flying accross the changing room, kicked corridor walls when they're out etc.
I don't put things like that as being bad, it's passion (and you know what us blokes are like :-D :-D ). Also, they always apologize afterwards and should there be any damage, they pay for it.

Think so anyway.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

He is nicknamed the hairdryer because of the way he shouts in people's faces - hot air blasting at them! What a charmer +f+
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Thank you both.

Maggie
grandmaeileen
Longlasting Laner

Post by grandmaeileen »

Think he kicked a football boot at Becks, I quite like Sir Alex. I like the way he wont allow some of the prima donna players get to uppity!
He's always said that no player is bigger than the club and he's never been afraid of getting rid.
Mother of two, stepmum to two, all grown up and flown the nest. Grandma to Lucy, who's 12 and is my best friend. Two dogs, 6 Gingernut Rangers, and one lovely hubby!

R.I.P. Queenie, Missy,little hen and Edna
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Yes, you're right, it was the boot which hit Beckham !!

There's a video on youtube of Neil Warnock giving his Team a right pasting during a half time somewhere or other.

It all may sem brash, but that's the language a lot of Player's understand :-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome