Where is the best place to buy a shed?

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Wellington Boot
Lively Laner

Post by Wellington Boot »

I had a look in B&Q earlier, and the price/quality nearly made me fall over! I don't mind either cheap and cheerful, or expensive and quality - but I draw the line at expensive and cheerful! :-)

It would be used for storage to begin with, but later would probably get turned into a chicken house.

Thank you lovely laners!
Nx
[center]Wellington Boot Garden Farm is now open for business.
Search for us on Facebook, or check out the website at www.wellingtonbootfarm.co.uk
[/center]
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Where is the best place to buy a shed?

Post by Annie »

Got my plastic shed which is used for the chickens (by quite a few more laners too) from bee and q but waited until it is on offer - bank holiday coming up soon ,usually deals on then.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Annie wrote:Got my plastic shed which is used for the chickens (by quite a few more laners too) from bee and q but waited until it is on offer - bank holiday coming up soon ,usually deals on then.

I did the same )t'
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
redd_angel55
Legendary Laner

Post by redd_angel55 »

Gardenbuildings direct seem to the cheapest, but because they are an online company, you can't see the quality of the sheds. I like to see things like that before I buy them.
Slave to 3 children, 1 Greyhound, 1 Cat, 4 rescued hens and a very patient hubby x
R.I.P: Ellie, Phoebe, Tikka

Freshstart for hens collection point Aylesbury, Bucks
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Last year i bought a little potting shed from these people
http://www.shedstore.co.uk/ something i have regreted ever since,it was cheep but not very cheerfull.I needed to strengthen the floor with more cross members,every knot in the wood split and i had to use a brown mastic to fill the splits.The panels are more like fence panels than shed panels,some of the panels are so warped you can see daylight through them so woul be no good for poultry as would let vermin in ,as they say you get what you pay for.

Couple of pictures of it ,one of the uprights where the windows are has now split and will need replaceing.
It looks ok as newly erected and painted but within a few weeks troubles started and company realy were not interested ,the feedback they have tells the whole story.
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
Wellington Boot
Lively Laner

Post by Wellington Boot »

Thanks guys, I had another look in B&Q, and they have one with a "log store" on the side, which is dearer than I wanted to pay, but I could easilly cover the log store with weld mesh, and make a pop hole in the side, to make a small covered run (for days when they don't FR). If you can picture that! :-D

I'll have a think.
Nx
[center]Wellington Boot Garden Farm is now open for business.
Search for us on Facebook, or check out the website at www.wellingtonbootfarm.co.uk
[/center]