The Mrs Chicken Diaries.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
morbidia
Lively Laner

Re: The Mrs Chicken Diaries.

Post by morbidia »

I love your chicken village, this has given me ideas....lol....

Wellington Boot
Lively Laner

Post by Wellington Boot »

Hello,

Sorry I've not updated this for a while, I have no laptop at the mo, so my only internet access is what I can tap out on my phone. Its like living in the dark ages!

Anyway, I've managed to pinch my mum's computer, so thought I'd show you all how big my tiny chicks have gotten, they are almost 7 weeks old now.

[center]Wellington Boot Garden Farm is now open for business.
Search for us on Facebook, or check out the website at www.wellingtonbootfarm.co.uk
[/center]
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

It is amazing how they grow isn't it. They look delightful, hurry up and get your pc sorted or they will be oaps {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

They are all gorgeous babies and your grey one is really beautifull :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Wellington Boot
Lively Laner

I got my laptop back!!! :-) I figured the very first thing I should do, is get back on here, and get you guys up to date, with all the developments here in the Chicken Village.

Anyway, my little girls are now 7 and a half weeks old, so I decided it was time to move them out into a proper coop. The coop/run that they are in, is inside the chicken village (so the older ladies can see them, and get to know them before they all go into the big coop together) but oh my lord, the racket they all made on the chicks first day in there, was like nothing I've heard before - I kept running out, expecting to see a fox or something, but no, it was just a protest! There was also a bit of what seemed to be good natured peering in through the mesh of the run, and trying to peck at each other, but no one seemed too bothered.

Anyway, that was all yesterday, and today not a peep. Although the older ladies were a bit miffed that the chicks got their food and water before they did, but as soon as they were let out, not a peep from anyone.

Ooh and the little girls have names now, (finally) The white one (a sussex) is called Suzie, The Grey one (a blue ranger) is called strider, and the black and gold one (a black Rock) is called Ozzy. They all have their own personalities now as well, Suzie is the most mischievous and adventurous one (within minutes of going into her new coop, she was plotting her escape), Strider is the most timid (and will freak out at the slightest thing), and Ozzy is the most tame and friendly.

I'll post some pics of the introductions soon.
Nx
Search for us on Facebook, or check out the website at www.wellingtonbootfarm.co.uk
[/center]
Wellington Boot
Lively Laner

I got my laptop back!!! :-) I figured the very first thing I should do, is get back on here, and get you guys up to date, with all the developments here in the Chicken Village.

Anyway, my little girls are now 7 and a half weeks old, so I decided it was time to move them out into a proper coop. The coop/run that they are in, is inside the chicken village (so the older ladies can see them, and get to know them before they all go into the big coop together) but oh my lord, the racket they all made on the chicks first day in there, was like nothing I've heard before - I kept running out, expecting to see a fox or something, but no, it was just a protest! There was also a bit of what seemed to be good natured peering in through the mesh of the run, and trying to peck at each other, but no one seemed too bothered.

Anyway, that was all yesterday, and today not a peep. Although the older ladies were a bit miffed that the chicks got their food and water before they did, but as soon as they were let out, not a peep from anyone.

Ooh and the little girls have names now, (finally) The white one (a sussex) is called Suzie, The Grey one (a blue ranger) is called strider, and the black and gold one (a black Rock) is called Ozzy. They all have their own personalities now as well, Suzie is the most mischievous and adventurous one (within minutes of going into her new coop, she was plotting her escape), Strider is the most timid (and will freak out at the slightest thing), and Ozzy is the most tame and friendly.

I'll post some pics of the introductions soon.
Nx
[/center]
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

It is funny isnt it how among 3 young ladies one is naughty one timid and one friendly or the like it is as if they have to fulfil the roles for a play. Peering good natured is a scam I bet, they were sizing up who they would like to have a go at first {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

I love tthe way you have made up for missin g a few days and posted twice {rofwl}
Smashing names btw and glad they are doing well )t' Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I like your names too (would have been hard put to choose between Strider and Gandalf for the Grey, though)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Wellington Boot
Lively Laner

Thanks everyone!

Mo wrote:I like your names too (would have been hard put to choose between Strider and Gandalf for the Grey, though)

Well technically she's a blue ranger (although I'm not sure why, when she's clearly grey). I wanted to call her Aragorn, but DH said that Strider was his "ranger name" so we went with that. Had to pick something quick, before Abby started coming up with names (she named one of our guinea pigs "dolly and the doctor", so all bets are off with what she could come up with). {rofwl}

Anyway.

[/center]
Wellington Boot
Lively Laner

Wow, what a lot has happened!

I have now set up Wellington Boot Garden Farm, which has been utterly crazy and busy with chicken-y comings and goings. The best bit so far has been buying and selling the chicks, it means I get to take care of them while they are little and then sell them to the good homes, replacing them with more day olds. I'm so lucky. :-D

We've also had lots of Point-of-Lay shaver warrens coming and going, which has been fab, and we've helped a local animal sanctuary with re-homing some cockerels (one is living with us now, and we love him!) and I've been able to collect some donations for them.

Oh and we've also got our first boarding rabbit coming to stay tomorrow, which is just beyond exciting!

We've got trade accounts with Omlet (lots of Eglus stacked up in the garage - which I will sell to Laners for cheapy cheapy cheap - pm me for details) and Happy Chicks (a long drive away, but well worth it, they are wonderful!)

Oh and a Facebook page, and a website.

It's all been a bit bonkers.

Anyway, here are some pictures.

[/center]
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Betty the website and pics are great and your boy is a stunner :-D
Id like to wish you every sucsess with your lovely business venture and may you be well rewarded for your hard work >gl< Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx