Would anyone like to sponsor an ex batt ?

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Would anyone like to sponsor an ex batt ?

Post by Annie »

At long last here are the pictures of the 2 sponsored hens and 1 cockerel , hope the quality will be ok for you to see and be able to choose as problems downloading here meant I had to photograph the photograph >dum<

First one up is Floppy >dum< , the lady who came with few feathers and a floppy comb and has stayed with H4H for the last 4 years - amazing

Next up is Minnie, the really new arrival from a FREE RANGE farm, shocking picture, it isnt great quality as its from a mobile camera originally but when you see the state of her I am sure your heart will melt

Last up is Limpy the cockerel, born with deformed legs and feet and given the chance of life by Homes4Hens, what a lucky lad

Now all you have to do is choose which bird will be your sponsor bird ( keep wanting to say hen but Limpy wouldn't like that {rofwl} ) , send me a pm with the details and I will reply with method of payment.
Thank you all once again, there is no hurry to choose as care at Homes4Hens is on going as we hope will be the sponsor a hen campaign.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

All lovely chooks, Little Minnie's photo sums up just how wrong and sickening keeping chickens in cages is. {mr.angry}
I'm smitten with Limpy since I'll never have my own cockrel this is the next best thing )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

MissEllie wrote:All lovely chooks, Little Minnie's photo sums up just how wrong and sickening keeping chickens in cages is. {mr.angry}
I'm smitten with Limpy since I'll never have my own cockrel this is the next best thing )t'

Ellie,
Minnie wasn't from a cage but free range farm, which makes her case even more sad. What on earth has happened to this poor creature ? I have seen some more pics of her , really free ranging on H4H pasture safe at last.
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

What a fab idea and well done for giving them so much support Annie {hug}

I'm off to flutter my eyelashes at Nick and plead in my best wheedling voice +f+
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Annie wrote:
MissEllie wrote:All lovely chooks, Little Minnie's photo sums up just how wrong and sickening keeping chickens in cages is. {mr.angry}

Ellie,
Minnie wasn't from a cage but free range farm, which makes her case even more sad. What on earth has happened to this poor creature ? I have seen some more pics of her , really free ranging on H4H pasture safe at last.

>dum<
Sorry I missed reading that Annie, you're right that's even sadder. I'm glad to hear she's doing well now.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

poor little Minnie thank goodness she is safe at last {hug} and as for limpy well ,what a striking boy he is )t' seeing the photos of these rescued birds has made me have a lump in my throat xx
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Mad Chick wrote:What a fab idea and well done for giving them so much support Annie {hug}

I'm off to flutter my eyelashes at Nick and plead in my best wheedling voice +f+

Thank you Lucy for the supportive words.
Just go through Nick's pockets looking for hankies bet you come up with the £5 too ! {rofwl}
Luna
Longlasting Laner

Post by Luna »

It took my daughter a while to choose, but she's gone for Minnie. I think she may well be back again when she's sold a few more eggs to sponsor Limpy as his story really touched her as well. Will send you pm with details......
Jo x
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
Atticus Finch in 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Got your pm Luna, thank you )t'
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

People at work give donations for my hens eggs towards their feed so I will sponsor a couple of these poor hens out of the funds and post the pics at work to raise awareness. I got 4 hens from Kathryn last year and saw what a great set up she has and appreciate the hard work that goes into rescuing and looking after these poor hens. I'm hoping to get some more from her but not really sure how to build a run. I will sponsor Minnie and Limpy...will PM you Annie.
Julie x
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Thanks Julie,
Kathryn is a bit out in the sticks isn't she but as you say a good set up.
Hope you find someone to lend a hand building a run so some more lovely hens can get the reward they deserve, a loving home.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Just to say the Local show went fairly well, I was able to send Kathryn some money and more ladies were booked but sadly nobody wanted to sponsor any of the hens.
Anyone still interested ?
It would be a quirky gift for someones birthday if you were stuck for ideas.
Anyway no time limit , it will be an on going fund raiser for Homes4Hens.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Glad it went well Annie! There is a lovely write up in the latest edition of Practical Poultry about Kathryn & her hubby and all that they are doing - what an inspiring couple! {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell