My home music/recording studio

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

My home music/recording studio

Post by HappyBob »

Me and Norfolk Bill somehow started going off on a tangent from the "grow your own dairy,s" and into musical instruments and stuff, I didnt want to go off topic in the gardening section so I,m putting a few pics up of my music/recording space for Bill and anyone else who maybe interested. These are some of the shots I,ve taken in the past and present as the space has developed

My main desk with digital mixer and midi controler and various peices of outboard gear

My guitar collection...Fender, Takamine, Gibson and Gretch

Shot from behind the digital drum kit

My Roland TD9 drum kit

A few random shots

Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: My home music/recording studio

Post by Spreckly »

So neat and tidy, Bob, like your allotment.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

wow, looks very impressive )t' )t'

That's quite a collection of musical instruments (love the lava lamps too - are they there for inspiration?)
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Amazing space for you to play in Bob is it soundproofed so you dont disturb Mrs HBs peace and quiet , or does she join in too :-D

Imust say looking at that array of equipment and with how you look aftrer your plot you certainly dont do things by halves lad )t'

I can remember admiring someones immaculate workshop and boat building a while back and I was just thinking was it yours Bob iv forgot ([size=85]old age you see[/size)]>dum< Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Its not tidy all the time Spreckly especially if I decide to reroute a couple of cables and everything has to come out. :-D

Linda S ..No its not soundproofed as thats not really a problem as on a night I can play and record via headphones, more important is sound treatment which really is about trying to soak up frequencies especially bass freq,s that can play havoc when mixing a song etc. No Mrs HB dosent play an instrument as such but she has been known to sing now and again {cry}
And yes I think the shed/boat pics where mine. :oops:
I,m starting to wonder if I,ve got OCD {rofwl}

LL.. haha the if the lava lamps are for inspiration they certainly aint working :-D
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Funny how once people start playing 1 instrument is not enough.
I have friends with several sets of bagpipes (not the highland great pipes but various sets of small pipes) And while my recorder is a £10 plastic 'school' type the same folk have racks of expensive hardwood instruments made by Mollenhauer, Moeck etc costing from £100 upwards.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
perchy

Post by perchy »

Very impressive, and its great you have something you really enjoy, I particularly like the guitars, my son plays guitar, I love to hear him )t'
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

That is a fantastic space Bob and so very tidy, Mrs Bob must have trained you well )run(
[center][/center]Davina
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Mo wrote:Funny how once people start playing 1 instrument is not enough.
I have friends with several sets of bagpipes (not the highland great pipes but various sets of small pipes) And while my recorder is a £10 plastic 'school' type the same folk have racks of expensive hardwood instruments made by Mollenhauer, Moeck etc costing from £100 upwards.

Morning mo, the reason for a collection of guitars is that each one has a unique sound ie single coil and humbucking, solid body and hollow body, all make a difference to the tone etc. If I was say playing some heavy rock type music it would be probably the Gibson les paul with its humbucking pickups or if the genre of music is country that would be the Fender Telecaster with its single coil pickups or possibly the Gretch hollow body with its tremolo arm for a more rockabilly type sound. Then the accoustic and bass guitar are different again.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

perchy wrote:Very impressive, and its great you have something you really enjoy, I particularly like the guitars, my son plays guitar, I love to hear him )t'

Thanks Perchy I do enjoy music and playing music , as your son will vouch for. )t'
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

davina112 wrote:That is a fantastic space Bob and so very tidy, Mrs Bob must have trained you well )run(

:-D She,s done that all right, did you ever watch the Tyrone Dobbs story on Coronation street {rofwl}
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Harrumph ! I thought I was in with me washboard ! {rofwl} Very impressive set up )t'
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

You would get on very well with my brother in-law. He used to run Lewisham Hospital radio some years ago and is nutty about recording.
His loft is now his studio and he has thousands of records on shelves, mainly easy listening. When Alan Dell was still with us P used to record his program for him and still does one for Two Lochs radio. Sadly he is now in ill health, so has eased down a lot.
Thanks for putting up your pics. Your studio is worth showing off. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

My boys would have much more of a clue than me as they both play, and, like you, have an interesting selection of guitars. It looks very impressive though ( and very tidy yike* )

Sadly my youngest son's entire collection of pedals (including rare vintage ones) was stolen from my car in a car park a few years back. I contacted the insurers but it was very hard to value them and had no receipts as many were gifts from his brother. Because I was a bit vague about what they were and how much they were worth, they also virtally accused me of trying to defraud the insurance company and I got very upset. I don't insure with them any more. {mr.angry}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

WOW, that is just something else Bob, so very impressive and technical looking. bet you have hours of fun in there.