Gift wrapping

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
LisaB

Gift wrapping

Post by LisaB »

Hello everyone )wav(

It's my sister's Birthday on Sunday, I've ordered her a personalised Alice's Adventures in Wonderland book, but the characters are her and her closest family so it will be "Nikki's adventures in Wonderland" :-D

I would like to wrap it really nicely, preferably a box or something she can keep it in to keep it nice, but I can't find any the right size. Anyone have any ideas of what I could use? Or has anyone made their own gift boxes?

Thank you :-D
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: Gift wrapping

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

What about making something like this:
http://www.cantstopmakingthings.com/201 ... -boox.html
Are you a member on Pinterest? I often see gift-box type projects popping up.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks so much LBF! I love that idea.

I can't find a box the right size anywhere, but maybe I could just make the outside bit and put a material pocket or something on the inside?

I'm not a member of pinterest, but shall go have a mooch :-D
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Wrapping paper wise you could use brown paper and maybe find some Alice in Wonderland images on the web and cut them out and stick them to the brown paper in an arty way! Just a thought )t'
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

julie62 wrote:Wrapping paper wise you could use brown paper and maybe find some Alice in Wonderland images on the web and cut them out and stick them to the brown paper in an arty way! Just a thought )t'

That's a good idea but I don't want to give away what it is straight away, but I think I'll put some Alice stickers on the inside :-D Thanks Julie x
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks so much for sending me that page, LBF!

I have the cover all finished, now just got to wait for the book to arrive (let's hope the measurements on the website were right!)

The bit going through the middle is a matching bookmark:

:)
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Lisa that is beautiful. The only thing I can make is a mess {rofwl}
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks so much Tammy :-D

Think I'll start doing things like this more often for presents, I have loads left over.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

That is so pretty Lisa, you have many talents.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thank you mrs boodles :-D {hug}
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

That's beautiful Lisa - lucky sister! It fits the vintagey kind of feel of the book so well - and I love the bookmark.
You should try opening a Folksy or Etsy store and listing a few bookmarks.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Lisa its so gorgeous and will mean such a lot to your lucky sister because you have been so thoughtful and made it yourself :-D
Well done youre a very artistic young lady {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Aww thank you both so much {hug} I really do hope my sister enjoys it, I can't wait to give it to her but it looks like the book wont arrive on time so might have to wait a few weeks {cry}

I've never thought of opening an etsy/folksy store. Do you think bookmarks would sell? I have loads of beads, plastic/fabric flowers, buttons etc left over from where I've needed 1 thing and had to buy a whole pack of them. Wonder if there's anything else I could do with them?
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Bookmarks on Folksy - I won't be rude and point out the ones that are rubbish in comparison to yours {warn} If you go through to the shop front of some of those sellers, you can see how many items they've sold - a fair few seem to be doing ok.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:Bookmarks on Folksy - I won't be rude and point out the ones that are rubbish in comparison to yours {warn} If you go through to the shop front of some of those sellers, you can see how many items they've sold - a fair few seem to be doing ok.

Thank you :-D I think I'll make a shop today. But what to call it?