My home music/recording studio

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Re: My home music/recording studio

Post by HappyBob »

HensAloud wrote:Harrumph ! I thought I was in with me washboard ! {rofwl} Very impressive set up )t'

Haha Your still in Angela, I couldnt get a wash board its all modern now so I,ve managed to blag a wash drum off in Indesit automatic... {rofwl}
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

p.penn wrote:My boys would have much more of a clue than me as they both play, and, like you, have an interesting selection of guitars. It looks very impressive though ( and very tidy yike* )

Sadly my youngest son's entire collection of pedals (including rare vintage ones) was stolen from my car in a car park a few years back. I contacted the insurers but it was very hard to value them and had no receipts as many were gifts from his brother. Because I was a bit vague about what they were and how much they were worth, they also virtally accused me of trying to defraud the insurance company and I got very upset. I don't insure with them any more. {mr.angry}

Thats bad enough that their pedals got stolen but with the insurance company virtually accusing you of fraud makes it doubly hard }hairout{ . I got rid all my pedals a long time ago and use a Pod X3 pro for my guitar processing now. Hope they managed to replace some of the stolen items.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

albertajune wrote:You would get on very well with my brother in-law. He used to run Lewisham Hospital radio some years ago and is nutty about recording.
His loft is now his studio and he has thousands of records on shelves, mainly easy listening. When Alan Dell was still with us P used to record his program for him and still does one for Two Lochs radio. Sadly he is now in ill health, so has eased down a lot.
Thanks for putting up your pics. Your studio is worth showing off. )t'

Sounds an interesting chap, I,m sure i would have got on famousley with him )t' )t'
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Wow Bob very impressive,you have certainly put some work into that ,impressive guitars fenders gibsons names that dont spring up that often now.It is realy nice to be able to play ,i find it so relaxing get lost in your music,i do find it hard in the summer to spend the time as i should but make up for it in the winter.I have found it more difficult as i have got older to play guitar for long periods,my artheretic fingers dont move like they used to ,tend to stick with the keyboard and me organ now.Will post some pics on hear over weekend. )t'
A leek in the hand,is worth 2 in the roof.

Bill's Diaries.....2012 2013 2014
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

HappyBob wrote:
HensAloud wrote:Harrumph ! I thought I was in with me washboard ! {rofwl} Very impressive set up )t'

Haha Your still in Angela, I couldnt get a wash board its all modern now so I,ve managed to blag a wash drum off in Indesit automatic... {rofwl}

I'm glad I'm still in Bob, I will however need to get some practice in now faced with a new instrument, just as I'd mastered the wash board ! {rofwl}
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree
oldpenny
Learner Laner

Post by oldpenny »

Lots to keep you busy there, is it sound proof?? )bg(
a penny for my thoughts
http://www.slotmachines.bravehost.com
PLEASE SIGN OUR PETITION....we need your help here...
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/36659
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

oldpenny wrote:Lots to keep you busy there, is it sound proof?? )bg(

No not sound proofed oldpenny as this isnt really an issue as I dont record acoustic drums, although I do mic up my small valve amp but as its switchable between 2-5 watts I can still drive the valves without the excessive loud noise that would come from say a 30 watt valve amp. Sound treatment is more important to me then sound proofing, those are the black panals (broadband traps) around and above my monitors, I also have them in the corners of the room. Like Norfolk Bill I dont seem to have much free time in the summer months to play in the room as the allotments take a lot of my free time, but I do spend a lot of time in there during the winter months.
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

billnorfolk wrote:Wow Bob very impressive,you have certainly put some work into that ,impressive guitars fenders gibsons names that dont spring up that often now.It is realy nice to be able to play ,i find it so relaxing get lost in your music,i do find it hard in the summer to spend the time as i should but make up for it in the winter.I have found it more difficult as i have got older to play guitar for long periods,my artheretic fingers dont move like they used to ,tend to stick with the keyboard and me organ now.Will post some pics on hear over weekend. )t'

Thanks Bill, I know what you mean about finding time in the summer to play around, what with the gardens etc, but like yourself I make full use of it in the dark winter months. Shame about athritus playing your hands up Bill. I love my music I always say they can take my eyesight but dont harm me ears or my hands :-D Look forward to your pics Bill )t'
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Hi Bob well hear is my contribution to your post ,first a picture of me Technics organ doesnt get the use it should now but still nice to play.
T he keyboard and guitar have found there way into my oldest grandsons room that he uses on occasions when things dont go his way at home )t'
Hear is my other hobby which may start onother thred sadly have not bin able to do it for about 3 years,once i get these hips and knees sorted may get back into it.
And some of me treasure nothing worth a fortune though.

My village is next to an old roman fort so do find some coins but nothing to rare.

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

You boys are making me feel very inadequate about my instrument here {rofwl} before I join the band proper I want to hear some sounds, so come on fire them up. :-D
Where did you dig those treasures up from Bill ?
Angela
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

Here's my audition then, I think it went fairly well !

Am I still in ? +f+
Angela
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

I'm waiting here to be snapped up before Simon Cowell spots me {rofwl}
Angela
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

HensAloud wrote:Here's my audition then, I think it went fairly well !

Am I still in ? +f+

{rofwl} You are most certainly signed up Angela, but please carry a jar of Ralgex spray at all times for when your cramp kicks in... {rofwl}

I better crack on practising as well, If there,as a chance Simon could be snooping about. Is Bill turning up for rehearsals or is he still down messing with his tommies in his polytunnel.... :-D

HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Post by HensAloud »

HappyBob wrote:
HensAloud wrote:Here's my audition then, I think it went fairly well !

Am I still in ? +f+

{rofwl} You are most certainly signed up Angela, but please carry a jar of Ralgex spray at all times for when your cramp kicks in... {rofwl}

I better crack on practising as well, If there,as a chance Simon could be snooping about. Is Bill turning up for rehearsals or is he still down messing with his tommies in his polytunnel.... :-D

[url=http://s162.photobucket.com/user/guitartrax/media/SANY0279.jpg.html]Image[/

Bills got all the gear hope we can prize him away from his toms. Is dat ewe, you look nowt like that scuff bag Royal, change yer blinkin avatar Bob, your face needs to been see when Simon logs in !
Angela
billnorfolk
Legendary Laner

Post by billnorfolk »

Naa would have to give that a miss,only play for my own entertainement nowdays ,over 25years since i played to entertain anyone else bit to old now to start again.I think your washboard was terific Angela and i think you can go along way Austrailia is nice this time of the year {rofwl} .
Looks like i may need to invest in another laptop seems mine has finally gone to the happy hunting ground }hairout{ .
Certainly not how i pictured you bob ,i can see how you handle all the work now )t'