Other negative side effects of smoking.

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
saint-spoon

Other negative side effects of smoking.

Post by saint-spoon »

Something I have noticed is that since I stopped smoking is that my hay fever has got progressively better, six years since I stopped. I started smoking at the age of thirteen and only succumb to hay fever in the summer of my fourteenth birthday… coincidence? I think not.

something to think about.
Bah Humbug
silverback
Legendary Laner

Re: Other negative side effects of smoking.

Post by silverback »

Perhaps you started eating processed foods when you were fourteen, you sure it was down to smoking?.
The side effects of smoking doe's give you something to think about!, however, I think smokers are treated like the new age leper! :? . As soon as something hits the headlines, like a rise in asthma levels, the easy target is the smoker!. I have heard mothers complaining about their children breathing in smoke from cigarettes when outside, and rightly so!, but are quite happy to push their children up and down the high streets shopping, with prams or buggies almost the same level as vehicle exhausts! >shrug< .
And before someone comes back and lambasts me, I am a non smoker!... +f+
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Quite agree SB. Kernow smoked from the age of 14. He gave up 25 years ago. As everybody knows he has just got over cancer and the first thing the Consultant said was do you smoke. He said no I gave up 25 years ago. So the Consultant said well you was a smoker. So that could be the cause of the cancer.
I said but he was a fireman. The Consultant said yes but you wear breathing apparatus don't you. Yes Kernow said but basically only house fires. If we had a 6 hour barn fire you don't wear BA for 6 hours. Oh the Consultant said well smoke is smoke.
The other thing I find horrid is these seat chairs for children that are towed behind a bike. As you say SB all those fumes
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

There is not a single system in your body that smoking doesn't affect, not one. It is just about the worst thing you can do for your health, and I'm sure we've all heard the arguments before about the hypocrisy of successive governments who will never ban it, because they know addicts generate such a lot of revenue. Personally I would be glad to pay a bit more tax on every single thing I buy, if that meant cigarettes were banned once and for all. And yes, we all know somebody who smoked 100 Capstan full-strength every day from the age of 12 till they died peacefully in their sleep aged 99. The fact remains that something over 1 in 3 smokers will die from smoking-related diseases. It is the equivalent of a jumbo jet crashing and killing everybody aboard, every single day.

There are some things where we are quite rightly not allowed to exercise our free choice legally, and Class A dr-ugs is one of them. Which is exactly what tobacco products would be if somebody attempted to introduce them today.

It's not just about dying young, either. It's about all those years when we're older, when we could be enjoying a healthier old age, but instead are taking dr-ugs for all the various ailments that smoking has caused, and not being able breathe freely, and the effects of smoking on the circulation in the brain.

Sorry guys, rant over!
(I don't know why the word 'dr-ugs' has come out 'dr-ugs'. I've deleted and retyped the word but it's still the same. I don't know what the spellchecker or whatever it is thinks I'm trying to say)
You see? It's still doing it! How strange!)
Life's too short to quarrel