Spreckly - lupins.

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Spreckly - lupins.

Post by Annie »

I recall last year you saying you fancied getting some for your garden - did you ever ?
This week I have done a bit of clearing and found 6 pots of what I thought was just old compost but on closer inspection , each one has a lupin shooting away. Such tough plants to have survived the winter with no attention - it was just little 3" pots so you can tell the plants had been quite small at the back end of last year.
They are so easy to grow as well, although a perennial, I tend to leave them in place for 5 years and replace as they do get a bit woody.
If you haven't tried Spreckly and fancy some seed , pm me your address and I will post some to you.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Spreckly - lupins.

Post by Spreckly »

Hello Annie, many apologies, I have only just spotted your post. Thank you for your kind offer re seed, but we now have some beautiful lupins, which are just starting to show colour.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Could I be really cheeky then, Annie and ask you to send them to me instead? I'll refund postage.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I wish I had a photograph.

When moving here the back garden was absolutely overloaded with Lupins, they looked really good, everywhere they were, a sea of colour.

So my warning is....don't let your Chickens out with them in late Summer / Autumn. At the sound of the seeds popping, they'll swoon in like you've never seen, a sight to behold.

It took only two years for every single Lupin to disappear from the Garden.

Hope this isn't negative!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thanks for the advice, Richard. Our girls large grassy area is fenced off, well away from OH's precious flowers. Didn't know they are partial to lupins.