Summer meadow

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Summer meadow

Post by fabindia »

On a chilly, windy day up here in the North East today, I dug the spot at the top of the garden which I sowed as a summer meadow last year and sowed my collected seeds. Just a case of scattering the seeds and raking in. It doesn't take much looking after from this point. I just weed out things like brambles and stinging nettles but other than that I'll just leave it to grow naturally.
Michael
Sara

Re: Summer meadow

Post by Sara »

Would love to see a pic when its in flower, i love flower meadows...

All of the verges along the roads that lead into our town are planted with wild flowers, so so pretty from spring through to autumn... I tend to chuck seeds into pots around the garden and see what happens :-D
[center]Happy to have shown Titchy Clucker a little corner of France[/center]

Sara XxX
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

How is your summer meadow doing Ock? I ask because we have left a very small area under our two apple and pear trees unmown. We already have cowslips, primroses and newly planted aconites there, and we have just sent for wild flower seed. Several years since, OH decided to leave an area in our front garden, but it was a disaster and was eventually mown down!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Sorry, I addressed you as Ock, Fabindia. Our wild flower seeds have arrived, and OH has sown them in little plug containers in the greenhouse. He has added iceland poppies and ragged robin to the unmown area, which we are also enlarging a little.

Last year and the year before, the roundabouts were sown with cornflower and wild poppies, plus other plants. This year, the one nearer to us has been changed into seaside themes, gravel with boat shapes and nautical themes, I am so disappointed.