I`ve got lodgers too

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

I`ve got lodgers too

Post by Lilo-Lil »

I decided recently to offer my services for cat fostering. I used to foster years ago, but reluctantly had to give it up. Now I have much more time available, it seemed to make sense to get involved again.

My first two fosters arrived on Friday!!!

They are two 5 month old sisters, only 12 days younger than Lilo-lil. They are both torties, and a 1/4 siamase, so very pretty and slim. They are very friendly towards dogs and humans, but cats is another matter!!! The sight of the chickens in the garden scares the pants off them, poor things.

I couldnt even pronounce their names so they are now Mandy and Molly. Mandy is after a colleague at work, and the spitting image of her personality-wise!

It certainly makes for a busy household. Lilo is having a great time trying to make friends with them.
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
wendy

Post by wendy »

How lovely, how long have you got them for ?
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Lilo-Lil - well done on fostering. I bet you are loving having the pair of them with you.

I admire what you are doing, don't know if I could do it as I get too attached! (f+
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
manda

Post by manda »

Good on you.
I really admire you for fostering..I know I would get too attached.
Our cat had 4 kittens 10weeks ago...now we have 5 cats! (aww you know how it goes you start to see little traits they have you,name them, you keep them!!).
Weird isn't it how some animals you can stay that bit detached from but others ???
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
wendy

Post by wendy »

I hope you are getting them neutered Manda. Otherwise you will be overrun LOL
Wendy

Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

Thanks for the kind messages. I`m off with the female version of man-flu. Went in yesterday but left early as felt so rotten!

These kittens are NOT stopping here permanantly!!!! :!: Have put out a few feelers at work, and one or two people interested yesterday. Helps I had cute photos of them on my phone.

I had forgotten just how demanding, noisy and lively oriental cats are, and just why I have not got one :razz:

They were born to a cat in foster, and rehomed to a lovely couple. Sadly their working hours changed and they felt they just hadn`t got the time for the kitties, so the charity took them back. It was a really brave decision to make and they are devasted to have to give them up.

They are both trying to sit on my knee at the same time, and Molly had just knocked my cup of tea over, trying to nudge my hands. This is a huge crime to me! )t' She has been given a big ticking off.

The charity I`m fostering for has agreed that if they are still with me when Lilo-Lil is ready to be spayed in January, they will be done at the same time.

Please excuse any cr*p typing, Mandy is trying to "help" by walking over the keyboard. (f+
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
manda

Post by manda »

Oh yes they will be done Wendy!!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
untouchable
Longlasting Laner

Post by untouchable »

My parents had a 'Foreign White' years ago, sort of like a Siamese, but pure white, and my word did he used to shout!

His favorite trick was to eat holes in anything wool hung on the radiators to dry :shock:
3 kids, 4 dogs, one pony, 3 guinea pigs, 2 rabbits, 1 snake, 5 lovely chooks...I guess you can say I love my animals!
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

I have several friends who have or have had oriental breeds, and know just why I stick to my boring old British Shorthairs! My two boys are so calm and placid in comparison. (f+

Tell me about the noise! I was woken twice in the night by Molly (the most "oriental" one of them) shouting in my ear and demanding to get under the duvet cos she was cold. Then she found the dog under there (cos she is old and gets cold!) and the racket was unbelievable! )de:

My best friend had one who insisited in getting under the duvet with her even in summer. If it was very cold he would even decline to get out to use the litter tray! )de: He used to travel in the car sitting on the front dash board looking out, and liked to walk with her when she was out with the dog. She adored him for some reason but he was truely bonkers (and spoilt!)

I`ve also had several cups of tea tipped over me, and lost half a chesse sarnie at lunchtime.

At least Mandy is playing with Lilo-Lil, which has given her something to do in the cold weather.

Going back to work tomorrow for a break. (f+
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ooooh. I am so envious. You have kitties!!! )c( )c( )c(

I would just love another cat - it's been a couple of years now and I really do miss not having one.

Like others, I don't think I could look after cats for a short time - I would hate to let them go again! :shock:

Helen
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

Helen

Shall I arrange a homecheck for you ??

Hint, Hint. )t'

I would love to keep them but I know that if I do then I absolutely cannot foster any more, ever! I already have four of my own, which is pushing it a bit in my smallish house, so six would defo be the limit!

I always seem to end up with the old manky, badly behaved things that no-one else wants! Sound familar anyone??
wendy

Post by wendy »

Have had two siamese.
Smoky and then Dylan. Dylan had the MOST character of any cat I had ever owned. I used to go to the shops and find him there already. I walked the dogs round the park and there he was. He was always getting into people's houses and I would call him to come home of an evening and my neighbours would have to get up from bed to let him out, because he created such a racket to be let out and come home
Wendy