Any advice on paint

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Any advice on paint

Post by albertajune »

I want to repaint my front door, which is at the moment green. I fancy a nice darkish red, not pillar box but can't find the colour in the outdoor paints.
I have seen the colour that I want in indoor paint and wonder if there is any way that I can use this, and maybe top it off with something to make it more durable, for withstanding all types of weather.
Any suggestions?
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
silverback
Legendary Laner

Re: Any advice on paint

Post by silverback »

Hi June, our front door is painted in red, the colour is "Monarch" from the Dulux Weathershield range, exterior gloss, picture below has come out a bit light! :? , but take a look next time your at the DIY store! )t' ..

I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

You can get any colour mixed for you.
But beware, we found that there was a reason why they don't make bright orange gloss - it doesn't stick to the undercoat evenly (they did say it wasn't recommended, but OH wanted that colour)

As well as the colours on their cards they have the recipes for all their old colours (and possibly other peoples old colours too)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

silverback wrote:Hi June, our front door is painted in red, the colour is "Monarch" from the Dulux Weathershield range, exterior gloss, picture below has come out a bit light! :? , but take a look next time your at the DIY store! )t' ..

Just what I am looking for )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.