boys - orpington bantam frizzles

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
kitla
Legendary Laner

boys - orpington bantam frizzles

Post by kitla »

At nearly 9 weeks old it wont be long till the 6 chicks I hatched go off to the breeder
as agreed & she will try & home them. knowing this I've enjoyed them but tried not to get too attached...but yesterday sitting in the sun with dear little Berty snuggled into
my hand I realise I've failed!! I accept that as all 3 frizzles are boys it may be hard
to find them homes so I thought I'd give them a better chance by showing them
off here. This is their hatching story -
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=46252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is curly, his name says it all. He is an amazing looking frizzle and friendly but
shy.
This is Patrick, though he didn't come out frizzled (apart from 1 feather!) he carries the
frizzle gene so would probably produce frizzle babies. He's still not fully feathered but
is growing a mixture of amazing colours, green tinged wings, dark red on his back,
mottled cream wingtips, I think he's going to be very beautiful (if he gets a chance)
He is very tame
ImageImage
And last but not least is the gorgeous Berty, a funny looking boy like a well worn
feather duster, but he is the tamest & loves the warmth of a hand or a lap, he loves
dustbaths (especially my plant pots!) he's been crowing from 7 weeks old, croaky
but surprisingly tuneful.
The other boy - Major Gold, makes up a trio of gold-lace so I feel he has a good chance
of being homed. But these 3 odd-bods need to find a back garden flock that would
like something a little different wandering around. If anyone is interested please let
me know, it will be about another 3 weeks or so before I let them go.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: boys - orpington bantam frizzles

Post by aceface »

what handsome boys I love the cockerels {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

So do I Ace, the boy chicks are always the friendliest which makes you want to
keep them all! I'd love to keep another boy but I don't have the space for 2. :(
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
manda

Post by manda »

I haven't got any but I love frizzles and those are a whole bunch of cute !!!
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I'll arrange their passports & airtickets to NZ straight away! :-D
--Immanuel Kant
manda

Post by manda »

Pity they couldn't come here ...they'd be more than welcome :-D
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

please can someone remove this post to stop me from looking its like putting a kid in a candy shop and telling them to keep their hands in their pockets ,beautiful little boys they really are ,I too cant have another boy its not fair to my frankii but wow the black and white boy is cute and mr fluffy shorts on the first pic is just a heart stealer {cry}
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

manda

Post by manda »

STEP.....AWAY...FROM...THIS ....THREAD.....ACE!!! {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Hey Ace!....hey...look at me! woohooo! you know you want to..

--Immanuel Kant
manda

Post by manda »

OMG OMG OMG!!!! He is soooooo cute......ACE.......CLOSE YOUR EYES!!!!!! {rofwl} {rofwl}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

manda wrote:STEP.....AWAY...FROM...THIS ....THREAD.....ACE!!! {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

I have tried really hard he is just a beauty but my frankii rules my roost if only I had another shed to take a boy I would snatch him up , im sorry I really cant take a boy and I loooovveee him {hug}

im not coming here anymore {cry}

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

aceface wrote:
manda wrote:STEP.....AWAY...FROM...THIS ....THREAD.....ACE!!! {rofwl} {rofwl}

I have tried really hard he is just a beauty but my frankii rules my roost if only I had another shed to take a boy I would snatch him up , im sorry I really cant take a boy and I loooovveee him {hug}

im not coming here anymore {cry}

Soorryyy....wont do it again , promise .ang.
--Immanuel Kant
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

just couldn't help it {hug}

I really hope you find excellent homes they will make a wonderful addition to any back yard flock )app(

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I'm bumping my post because I've had a disaster, the breeder that I hatched these
chicks for can no longer take them due to some health problems with her flock! She's
trying to help me find them homes but in the meantime I'm stuck with 4 little cockerels
that are growing fast. I love them all dearly, they're so cuddly & I'll be sad to see each one go, but my garden isn't big enough for more than one boy.
here's some up to date pics
This is Goldy, the little gold laced girl Miss Brown hangs about with him all the time
I'd love to see them homed as a couple (they're half siblings)
Curly, those feathers are sooo soft
Berty
and little Patrick
--Immanuel Kant