Rehoming day

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
davina112
Legendary Laner

Re: Rehoming day

Post by davina112 »

Fresh start for hens has a rehoming planned for September, you could visit their web site
[center][/center]Davina

suncaddie7
Learner Laner

Post by suncaddie7 »

how rude and Cheakey.
i gave James the one that was left The others got Killed Bye a dog, It was not My Falt.
Dogs are For Life, not a gift box
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

aishakali wrote:Hope you keep them this time, even if they don't lay :?

I feel I must quote and echo this post in my reply ..

having referred to your previous posts and regarding the hens that didn't lay ,when you rehome ex battery hens you would have been made aware that these special little ladies don't lay forever ,just as posh girls don't .

I have also read the post regarding your hens getting killed by a dog and I would say this to anyone on this forum and stand by what I say regarding safety of our hens and that is we are all responsible for the safety of our hens in and out of the coop ,im sorry that these little hens got killed by a dog but the fence obviously cant have been high enough to keep a dog out so would not have been high enough to keep a fox out .

The foxes will be out in full force over the next few weeks as they will be bringing out their young and teaching them how to hunt and kill ,this may be something to keep in mind over the next few weeks.

I hope that you have managed to improve your security before getting yet more hens .

there is no offense intended .

I notice that your signature points out that a dog is for life and not a gift box ,my hens along with many others on this forum would echo the signature in regard to our hens ex battery or not.
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Skeksis
Longlasting Laner

Post by Skeksis »

suncaddie7 wrote:how rude and Cheakey.
i gave James the one that was left The others got Killed Bye a dog, It was not My Falt.

I'm sorry it doesn't seem rude and cheeky to me, I completely agree. I've looked at your past posts these two in particular:

by suncaddie7 » 30 Jan 2012, 19:27
got them from James well he got them, we filled in the form to get x bats, its said they would lay, Right now im not happy. they will be gone by this weekend

Postby suncaddie7 » 30 Jan 2012, 18:53
well im going to have to Find a new home for my Girls, im not feeding with nothing in return, and also were Moving house this year. seems i was cond, we were told they would lay eggs, and they were about 1 year old. if you want to Buy them let me know.

Forgive me for saying so (or don't) but you are not the sort of person that I think should ever have hens from anywhere, reading your two posts above. They are there to be loved and cared for and given homes even if they don't lay eggs. Eggs are only a bonus and won't be for very long necessarily even if they do lay. How dare you come on here and ask about obtaining new ex battery hens after the two eye-opening posts above? I certainly hope you don't get any!!!
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

)app( )app( )app( )app( )app(
LYN
Organised Chaos
Lively Laner

Post by Organised Chaos »

Skeksis wrote:
suncaddie7 wrote:how rude and Cheakey.

I'm sorry it doesn't seem rude and cheeky to me, I completely agree. I've looked at your past posts these two in particular:

by suncaddie7 » 30 Jan 2012, 19:27
got them from James well he got them, we filled in the form to get x bats, its said they would lay, Right now im not happy. they will be gone by this weekend

Postby suncaddie7 » 30 Jan 2012, 18:53
well im going to have to Find a new home for my Girls, im not feeding with nothing in return, and also were Moving house this year. seems i was cond, we were told they would lay eggs, and they were about 1 year old. if you want to Buy them let me know.

Forgive me for saying so (or don't) but you are not the sort of person that I think should ever have hens from anywhere, reading your two posts above. They are there to be loved and cared for and given homes even if they don't lay eggs. Eggs are only a bonus and won't be for very long necessarily even if they do lay. How dare you come on here and ask about obtaining new ex battery hens after the two eye-opening posts above? I certainly hope you don't get any!!!

Right then, I'm going to jump in here with a couple of comments.

I've not been on the forum for a long time, in fact shortly after all this kicked off to begin with.

I don't want to cause any offence Julie, but personally I have to agree with other members comments when it comes to your previous posts as copied above.

Regardless of whether you have relocated, I feel that it would be inappropriate for any responsible reformer to allow you to take hens, or indeed any other animal if you only value their life in terms of what they give you in return. The RSPCA etc would not let you adopt/rehome an animal if you spoke in those terms during your rehomers interview, and rightly so.

The rewards of keeping livestock of any kind are many and varied, and with my birds I don't care if they lay or not, it's about the character and fun they bring.

Please , please consider very carefully before you commit to a decision. Everyone here will be more than willing to provide sensible help and advice if asked.

If I can be of any help please feel free to get in touch.

Regards,
James

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by idiots."
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

suncaddie.

I have to agree with the last few posts.

I would politely suggest that maybe keeping chickens is not for you, you cannot talk of them and about those who do so much to re-home these poor creatures as you have.

I also refer you to the many posts about dogs and chickens. If your dog (or anyone elses dog) got a chicken, it's your fault.....period.

Your comments are not in keeping with the spirit of this Forum.

Ex-Battery Hens are pets, they've been egg sillyed for 60 weeks, give them a break, treat them well and you may well get a good yield, or even then, maybe you won't.

If you don't, it's not their fault nor the people who gave them to you, it's the life they've had.

If you want guaranteed eggs, don't keep chickens in the garden, best buy them.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome