orpy bantam pairs

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
kitla
Legendary Laner

orpy bantam pairs

Post by kitla »

I'm posting this again as I've decided to do it differently now. I've had offers to take
all 6 of my babies that either haven't materialized or sounded a bit suspicious. I have
lots of interest in Goldy & brown as a breeding pair which I will have to accept if
nothing else turns up, (I feel a bit sad that they'll probably be put in a small breeding pen) and I've decided I must part with the lovely Houdini & make her a pair with one
of her boys. All these chooks have grown up free ranging. They are 12 1/2 weeks old
So this is what we have - Goldy & Brown are a gold lace pair, half siblings, this
colouring seems very much in demand. She is quite shy, he likes the ladies mucho
and crows like a dove.
Curly is friends with Goldy & Brown & it would be nice if he could go with them but
that's probably too much to hope for. He's a gorgeous boy, friendly, soft feathers,
likes to sleep outdoors in the run, has a cute crow - not too shrill.
Patrick, Berty (frizzle) and their girlfriend Houdini are all great friends & go everywhere
together. Sweet natured and tame, it would be lovely to see them all homed together
but I will let Houdini go in a pair with either of the boys to a nice home.
Patrick carries the frizzle gene, he is green/black & red & growing more pretty by the day, he rarely ever crows (so far)
Patrick and Houdini
and my gorgeous Berty, lovely natured but still a little timid, however he loves a cuddle
before bedtime. He crows like Curly, cute but not shrill
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: orpy bantam pairs

Post by aceface »

kitla I hope you find homes for these georgeous boys and their girls isn't it sad when we have to sell as pairs just for our boys to get a good home )t' good luck kitla
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
Skeksis
Longlasting Laner

Post by Skeksis »

Aren't you tempted Ace or big Al?
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

do you really need to ask LOL I may have my own little roo to sort out yet {hug}

al cant have frizzles as they get too clogged up he says {cry}
berty is my fave {hug}
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

aceface wrote:do you really need to ask LOL I may have my own little roo to sort out yet {hug}

al cant have frizzles as they get too clogged up he says {cry}
berty is my fave {hug}

clogged up!! these are not dutch bantams you know!
yes Berty is my fav too, so I'll take as long as it takes to find him a nice home.
A breeder keeps messaging me about them all, I'm sure she only wants the g/l girls
& would probably dispose of the boys. I'm not tough enough for this business, I'll never
do it again! my incy & electric hen are going to be sold too.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

someone has offered Berty, Patrick & Houdini what sounds like a wonderful home.
Watch this space!
--Immanuel Kant
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

{hug} )t'
kitla wrote:someone has offered Berty, Patrick & Houdini what sounds like a wonderful home.
Watch this space!

im so please well done little boys )app(

kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

looks like Curly has found a home now too, sadly not freeranging as I'd hoped but
a 30ft run, 6 girlfriends & a doting owner so I'm sure he'll be ok.
Just Goldy & Brown to home now
--Immanuel Kant
Skeksis
Longlasting Laner

Post by Skeksis »

Great news
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Last pair, Goldy & Brown, have found a nice home. Infact I could have homed them
5 times over I've had such a run of enquiries!
So other folk with friendly cockerels needing new homes don't give up hope! it just
takes time, some nice photos & descriptions, & be willing to deliver them( infact
I preferred to) Preloved, pets4homes & of course DTL have been the most helpful in finding nice homes for my boys.
--Immanuel Kant